Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I'm a newbie to this site. Excited about the new sled coming in but not crazy about the idea of non-rebuildable shocks.

Has anyone thought about upgrading the front shocks on your FST? My dealer has a set of new front shocks off of a fusion that I can get for $200. I think they are Fox. Would this be worth the extra $$?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
:schild27: Why not use the shocks that came with it first. :dunno: Maybe pick up those shocks for $200, but no need to put them on now. Put them on when your shocks need to be replaced. $200 seems like a good price.Not sure what they are brand new from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by nickels@Oct 13 2005, 09:52 PM
:schild27: Why not use the shocks that came with it first. :dunno: Maybe pick up those shocks for $200, but no need to put them on now. Put them on when your shocks need to be replaced. $200 seems like a good price.Not sure what they are brand new from the dealer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928521
[/quote]
The 7042258 Ryde FX shock is $170US list each
The 7043095 Walker Evans Shock is $300US list each

They are both rebuildable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your going to love this sled. I have this engine in my 2004 msx 150 watercraft. It rocks its fun to squeeze the throttle but what gets me most is the top end, the only thing from keeping it from climbing past 70mph is the rpm limeter. This engine is going to be fun in a sled,it should do110mph for sure in the snowmobile. the intercooled turbo should work excelent in the wintertime. I noticed the cooler temps made the engine more responsive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by wizard@Oct 15 2005, 08:07 PM
Your going to love this sled. I have this engine in my 2004 msx 150 watercraft. It rocks its fun to squeeze the throttle but what gets me most is the top end, the only thing from keeping it from climbing past 70mph is the rpm limeter. This engine is going to be fun in a sled,it should do110mph for sure in the snowmobile. the intercooled turbo should work excelent in the wintertime. I noticed the cooler temps made the engine more responsive.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932033
[/quote]

That's great to hear. I can't wait to get out this year. I had back surgery last year and didn't ride a single mile. Its always risky buying a first year sled, but hopefully Polaris has their stuff together on this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts