Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: 27 JUL 20
all bushings have been sold....... for now.

If you are interested in a set of bushings either reply here or pm me and we will start a list of interested people to make another run.

list of interested people:
MNpowderfiend

AXYS rear skid bushings

-Issue I noticed: The rear mounting points where the rails mount to the rear crank arm are very loose and can move from side to side a lot. I thought this was odd; previously only having had conventional suspension in my past mounted inside the tunnel; they never had this much side to side movement. If you look closely at some sleds with more miles the black arm connected to the rail starts to wear into the aluminum bushing. First i thought it was just the rear mounting points but then noticed the front mounting points inside the tunnel use the same bushings as in the rear.

-My solution: Instead of the bushing just being a sleeve I have added a flange on the one end to take the side thrust load of the skid shifting side to side.

Here are a couple vids of the issue.
This is my sled:

This is a brand new sled at a dealership. Granted it has like 8 mi on it; its still new:

This is a 17 XCR on the showroom floor:

This picture is of a worn inner bushing from a friends sled, notice on the left how the shoulder has worn away from the rear crank arm contacting it.

Here is a vid of the side to side movement after the install of my bushings. Notice there is still a slight amount of side to side movement to ensure things will pivot more smootherlerly.

I will be selling these in sets of 4.
-For the Rush style rear suspension two bushings replace the two rear position bushings and the other two are used where the front torque arms mounts to the tunnel. -Flange goes towards the inside of the sled in both locations.

-For the new IGX skid in the assaults the bushings go in the front and rear position of the front torque arm. So upper and lower front torque arm mounts.

Feel free to pm me to purchase a set of 4 for $60.
(Rush style: Two bushings for rear lower crank arm to rail mount, and two bushings for front torque arm to tunnel mount. IGX: Still four bushings for the four mounting points of the front torque arm. Includes shipping cost unless your somewhere far far away.)
I will be shipping these via USPS bushings wrapped in bubble wrap within a padded envelope.

If anyone has questions feel free to call or txt me @ 612 205 5324

Thanks

Kent

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i sold a friend of mine a set and when he installed them he ended up replacing the inner metal bushing as the flange part was very worn from the side load.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shipping out a pair of bushings a little later today.

Also added a video of the side to side movement after installing my bushings.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,708 Posts
Are these made out of something more durable than the oem bushings?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok someone mentioned that their 17 XCR did not have this slop that im seeing.
here is a vid of a 17 xcr in the showroom floor with the same amount of slop as i have been seeing throughout sleds

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So why did Polaris leave that slop in there? They must of had some reason for it
If you can find the reason let me know. Many people have reported black stuff by the pivot area. Heck some guys are having so much wear they need to replace the inner steel bushing. And that is from the metal on metal contact that the stock bushing does not prevent.

My 16 adventure does not have the slop.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Did you put some good effort into trying to move the arm? Release the tension from the suspension then check. Not trying to sell my stuff but just saying.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If you can find the reason let me know. Many people have reported black stuff by the pivot area. Heck some guys are having so much wear they need to replace the inner steel bushing. And that is from the metal on metal contact that the stock bushing does not prevent.

Did you put some good effort into trying to move the arm? Release the tension from the suspension then check. Not trying to sell my stuff but just saying.
Raised the sled and still don't have any slop. Only has 56 miles on it though.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Raised the sled and still don't have any slop. Only has 56 miles on it though.

where are you located in mn? maybe we should take some measurements and figure out whats different. do you see and gap between the inside of the black arm and the inner steel bushing? even if there is no slop this does not prevent the metal on metal that will occur. if anything you not having any slop may indicate that it will wear prematurely as it may be to close to each other (the black arm and inner steel bushing.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts