Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am new here. The site looks great!

I'm very frustrated! I am a big Cat fan and have been for years. I have owned mostly all Cats. With saying that I purchased the F7. I purchased it because of past excellent experiences, and quaility of workmanship from Arcticat. But I have to tell you. I have had nothing but problems with my Firecat! UGH!
I'm not going to list the many problems I have had, most of you seem to have the same problems too.

My question is... How are you people dealing with the constant headaches? The down time is killing me. I love riding snowmobiles. I don't care about the money issue, and the fact that I paid $8000 for a sled that is broken more than it is running doesn't matter. What I care about and am most frustrated about is the lack of riding I am getting. I average around 2800-3200 miles a year. I have 1000 on my Firecat. Its back in the shop again!

I'm not even going to tell you all of the harassment I have been receiving from my Skidoo buddies. I'm not gonna go there!

What have you guys done to pass the time while your sled is in the shop??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't speak for everyone, but I've tried to do as many updates and minor work myself through info I've learned on this site. Overall I've been lucky with no major problems in 5800 miles. I'll bring it back to my dealer for the first time next week to take care of a few things that won't go away.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have not yet had one ride able snowfall. Mark Badem himself we would get 3-6++++++ Tommorrow. AND my dam FCAT is BROKE. Ive got a hole in my pipe and i need 3 boggie wheels.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Originally posted by ACFireCatF7@Mar 3 2003, 07:38 PM
Hello all! I am new here. The site looks great!

I'm very frustrated! I am a big Cat fan and have been for years. I have owned mostly all Cats. With saying that I purchased the F7. I purchased it because of past excellent experiences, and quaility of workmanship from Arcticat. But I have to tell you. I have had nothing but problems with my Firecat! UGH!
I'm not going to list the many problems I have had, most of you seem to have the same problems too.

My question is... How are you people dealing with the constant headaches? The down time is killing me. I love riding snowmobiles. I don't care about the money issue, and the fact that I paid $8000 for a sled that is broken more than it is running doesn't matter. What I care about and am most frustrated about is the lack of riding I am getting. I average around 2800-3200 miles a year. I have 1000 on my Firecat. Its back in the shop again!

I'm not even going to tell you all of the harassment I have been receiving from my Skidoo buddies. I'm not gonna go there!

What have you guys done to pass the time while your sled is in the shop??
Hey i know exactly how you feel, I have not driven my sled more than 300 without it being down and to top it off my dealer hasnt returned my message that i legt with him on Sat. I guess i have no other choice then to pursue Cat directly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to remember, the dealer did not build the machine. If your dealer is anything like mine. He is probably alittle tired of all the F7's coming in for repairs. I know my dealer said his mechanics have been flat out working non stop trying to keep up with the broken down machines. Please remember it's not the dealers fault!

I was stranded 4 times..... UGH! Good think for the cell phone.

·
Registered
232 Posts
if you dont like them sell them no one wants to here about it, we havent had snow all year but you dont here me bitching and i have driven from minnesota to idaho just to ride. chill man

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
ACFirecat, Don't be bothered by dd700, I for one love to hear how people are dealing with the problems of the FC, If nothing else it may help resolve one of the MANY problems of this sled.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
If you don't describe (explain) your problems. No one here can help you. You can be like Jamie and bitch about it, but that does not get you very far. (Sorry Jamie, just getting sick of the bitchin) What are the troubles you are having. Make a list and I bet they will be answered.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm in the same boat...I've had many problems...and so far this year..I've only been able to get only 430 miles on my machine this whole winter...while all my ridden buddies have over 1 to 2 thousand miles on there machines already....I'm pretty sad...lost lots of riding time this year.. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dd700,

I don't know how far Minn is from Idaho. But I have driven 15 hours ONE WAY to ride some of the BEST trails on earth, for a 10 day snowmobiling vacation. Only to have my Firecat break down on the second day. Sure it got fixed, but my 10 day vacation, was cut to 3 days. The problems I have been having are the same that everyone else is experiencing. The dealer is fixing them, so no need to ask any questions here. My point was what do you people do too pass the time away, when it was meant to be spent riding your sled. Thanks for your support. You're a real pal :rolleyes:

zl5600,
There is no need to list my many, many problems. Most everyone here has experienced the same. The dealer is fixing everything just fine. This wasn't a thread to list problems. It was about passing the time while my sled is in the shop again! I think you and dd700 should exchange phone numbers and talk to each other. Sounds like you both are on the same level. Thanks for the feedback.

SweetFireCatGreen,

I hear ya! I have purchased everything from a new computer, to the PS2 to pass the time. But all I did was by the Snowmobile racing video game. It made it worse. LOL

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by dd700@Mar 3 2003, 09:36 PM
if you dont like them sell them no one wants to here about it, we havent had snow all year but you dont here me bitching and i have driven from minnesota to idaho just to ride. chill man
It's comments and replys like that one that make us all look bad.

The guy was just trying to make conversation for Christ's <_< sake, get off his back!!

At least he wasn't a jerk like Spence was, if I had down time, I'd be pissed too, he was just stating his opinion and he didn't bash AC, guess I was wrong, I thought that was what this forum was for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I cant figure out why all you guys are having trouble with your machines. Is it lack of snow conditions that you may be riding in? Is it your dealer that may be making a mistake setting up the sled? Is it something else? I live in Maine and there have been very few F7's that have had troubles. I do know of a couple that melted down earlier this year but that was due to minimal snow and/or dealer setup. Im wondering where and what conditions the F7's are having trouble????????

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
riding season is coming to a end, everydody is on edge!
5 weeks till the cabin cruiser goes in at the marina, then it will boating on my mind till next november!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I only have about 850 miles on my F7 but I have not had one problem yet. I must admit, I can not get any ski lift out of the thing like my ZR800 has, but I will try removing the coupler blocks to solve that myself. I don't consider that a problem as that is probably by design. Overall, I love the sled!

·
Registered
155 Posts
ACFirecat7,
I really sympathize about your current sled status. My sled went down this past Sat. with a broken idler wheel while starting my ride. Thankfully my dealer knows I like to put alot of miles on my sled (weekends only) so he repaired it while I waited so that I could ride on Sunday (put on 165 miles).
The short of it is that I certainly would be complaining about it as time is running short and you bought your sled to ride it!!
Hope everthing works out for you and you can still get some quality riding time in this season. The Firecat is still the best sled out on the snow this year.Of course that's my opinion and I could be wrong!!! NOT!!!! jv

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i know some people cannot afford to do this,
but i have a spare sled...... a couple of years ago i found a 1995 cougar
that was repo'd, i have a total of $1800.00 invested in it.
that is our spare sled,we use it for frend's to ride with us,
or as a spare,.....i know i know...you should not have to,
have a spair sled.
you should not have to worry when you buy new!!!!
but if you had a extra sled you could a least ride.
it's no firecat...........BUT IT'S A RIDE.
i know lots of people that take extra sleds on vacation's.
just a thought. <_<

·
Registered
302 Posts
My sled is broken beyond repair, now I am waiting to see what AC will do. My season has been cut way short. I have been working more to get more$$ for next season to pass time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to hear that RedTeam. You aren't the only one that has an F7 beyone repair. I have seen, read many, many others stating the same.

Hopefully mine will be fixed by weeks end. With all the updates, and the breakdowns. I have taken it to the dealer 13 times. I didn't know the dealer very well at the beginning of the season. Since I have been there soooo much. Now I know everything about the fella. LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts