Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Frontenac Ski area to ride sled with 4 other friends.

A couple of us were racing up a Double Black Diamond called "Baldy", One of which was my sisters boyfriend Joe. He has a 1998 ZR 600 EFI LE.

I got the holeshot and womped ass up the hill and didn`t look back. I went to another hill and relized Joe was not w/ me anymore so I waited for a bit and then saw joe walking at the bottom of the hill.

His sled was in the trees. He had made it 3/4 up the hill till it really got steep. He was sitting and went to kneeling ( NOT GOOD ). Anyways his knee slipped when he hit a mogal and the sled rolled twice end over end when it landed on its skis pointing down hill and coasted to a stop. In a Revine, against a tree. On its journy down there it managed to skip of of a light pole. Joe said all he could do was watch from the top. We were able to pull the sled out w/ another sled before the groomer was fired up.

Joe is ok just really upset. The sled it tweaked bad. The steering was twisted 180 degrees but still works. Hood is shattered and belly pan screwed. Leafty side A-Arms are pushed back about 5 inches and the shock is bent. He rode it the rest of the way down the hill and we checked it over. His new Black Magic Twin pipes got beat up too.

We got his steering working and he rode around a bit and decided to put it on the trailer. It worked fine but the shock couldn`t compress cause it was bent. Ran good.

He is going to get estamates tomorrow and hopefully they total it. Bulkhead could be tweaked.

Here is a pic of his machine up in the UP.
I had a good time tell then, and I get to ride tomorrow for free cause we hardly got to ride tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
slider is frontenac still open??? i thought they might of closed with recent snow...still guys showing up there??? id like to make it out there..we had got about 1 foot of snow here at my house in stillwater and hadnt needed to trailer but trails are bad around here...would still love ot try it out....let me know how its going and if its still worth the hour drive there that i know guys will be there

·
Registered
242 Posts
When where you there? I was there from 10:00 till 2:30 on Monday.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got there at 4:30 and rode till 9:00pm.

There isn`t a wsa race course set up at Frontenac this year its just a free ride where ever you want to go. Its lots of fun just not for the inexperianced type.

WSA has contacted them for a Hillclimb and a possible Park-X #2 for next year.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,201 Posts
Glad your buddies ok, that really make sit a funny story. BTW wheres this hill at in MN.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,201 Posts
Glad your buddies ok, that really make sit a funny story. BTW wheres this hill at in MN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts