Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told by some people that if you DECREASE the spring preload on your front suspension it will increase the amount of ski pressure? I thought it was just the opposite, DECREASE front spring preload and this will add ski pressure. Am I right? Also, what are you guys setting your shocks at in order to keep the skis down. How much thread showing? Thanks for clarifying this.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dan, I ordered that manual and puller from you today. Thanks for the input, but I think it's right.

·
Registered
196 Posts
first of all u said the same thing twice.... if u increase the preload the ski preasure will be greater(thats what i think)

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Its sounds the same to me...must be to late...you say decrease spring pressures in both...Don't you mean YOU thought if you increase front spring preload it would increase ski pressure???

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is this a trick question? :)

Increased preload on the front shocks increases ski pressure. My experience is that you should adust the front shock in the rear skid to get the kind of balance you want, ie. wheelies, cornering ski lift etc., (don't forget about the coupler blocks) then adjust the front springs for cornering bite and changing snow conditions.

-bullwhip

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! I must have been tired! Sorry for the confusion. I believe the first part is right. Decrease preload increases ski pressure?

·
Registered
47 Posts
NO THAT'S NO RIGHT
decrease will decrease
increase will increase
Come on now this is not rocket science
All 4 brands work the same!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts