Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody painted their front shock springs a different color?

My yellow is chipped a little so going to get it repainted, just wondering if any colors look good.

My sled is a 03 440 sno pro.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
ya spend the extra cash and get a body shop to do it with an extremly flexable paint, otherwise they will be chipped up and yellow showing through as soon as you get them on the sled.

I know because i did it last year and regret wasting the cash on the spray bomb paint, and time.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just had a local body shop paint mine with the flex paint. Looks GREAT!!! I painted the whole front suspention black.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by justinm7@Sep 28 2005, 06:59 PM
get the shocks powder coated. alot better than paint
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=898041
[/quote]

Yea thats what i want to do, but i was wondering if i should stay with the stock yellow or go with a different color?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doing the same thing myself, just took shocks off last night. Checking into the powdercoating, don't want chipping. Gotta get rid of the yellow anyway....reminds me of SkiDogs.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
here mine....powdercoated

[attachment=99689:attachment]

we own a bodyshop and there is no good paint other then powdercoating that is going to hold up year after year....

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was told by my body shop that Powder coating will not hold up on the springs because of the constant moving.

G

·
bodyshop just wanted to take yer money. we used powedercoated springs on our race cars. also, I've seen silver ceramic coating used and that looks nice too.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
make sure you sandblast the factory powdercoating off or get it stripped. if you bake the factory stuff off the temp. which they do it at is too hot and the springs will lose their temper. learned that the hard way years ago

1 - 13 of 13 Posts