Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make sure I have this right. We are supposed to release all of the spring pressure on the front skid shock???I looked at mine today and it looks like the spring is on the most pressure setting,meaning just about ALL the threads are showing below the spring retainer. This is the opposite that it should be....correct?? We want almost all of the pressure released, meaning turn the spring so there are no threads showing(turn untill all tension is off of the spring and the retainer is all the way on the bottom of the threads) This would explain why I had so many handling problems on my first few rides!!! Please, someone confirm this for me before I go nuts!!! :wacko:

·
Registered
4 Posts
yep yours is too tight.

1. LIFT the rear of the sled.
2. Loosen the spring until it rattles and can be moved by hand
3. Tighten one half turn, or just enough to put a little tension on the spring.

Do the same with the IFS springs, (with the front of the sled elevated of course), put the coupling blocks on #3 and you are done.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the toe is set correctly....I did it myself...plus I just brought it home from the dealer and i had them double check it. I cant believe the factory set it with that much tension!!!!I talked to the mechanic about them and they don't have a clue on how to set these things up.NOT GOOD!!!I'm also going with 8" carbides instead of 6"...I also have a bunch of bent picks in the track...only went with 96....have a feeling I should have put in more!!!

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Hey Rob and others,

I think that everyone needs to be careful with how much you release that front shock in the skid. I for one prefer it a little bit higher on the tension, for a few reasons, my weight, riding style, trail conditions, etc. I think that for those that are on groomed trails all of the time, running that shock loose is probably OK. For those of us who don't, the lack of sping tension could severly effect the "bump absorbing" capabilities of the skid.

I think that you all need to ride your sled and set it up for "your" riding style and conditions.

Just my .02, whatever its worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts