·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my front adjuster leaks oil just under the handle, sled still under factory
warranty. called dealer today to make appointment, they advised that it is
not under warranty, shocks only 200 miles, isn't there a service bullitin
on this problem, or should i just fix it myself, is there any other problems
on this sled i should try to get fixed under warranty???
love the sled
hate problems

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
If your dealer can't/won't help out I would suggest a call to AC. With the huge numbers of folks that have had trouble with the "Dial a Junk" and continue to have I would bet AC will cough up and repair it N/C. Not much of a dealer if they won't at least go to bat with AC on your behalf, something to remember when you purchase next.

Rick.

·
Registered
754 Posts
mine wasnt leaking but it felt soft or had a dead feel to it ,so i went and took it out and replace it with a none adjuster type shock body and now my sled feels better . any way i didnt like the raddleing noise it gave by the handle bars. the shock body cost me 44.00 dallars and the retainer nut was 15.00 also the polaris 200 veri spring cost 44.00
sno_pro_500

·
Registered
18 Posts
The pressure is either leaking by the oring around the counter sunk set screw or the main oring in the adjuster is leaking. Take the adjuster apart on the sled and loosen the set screw in the aluminum plate, then pull the plate out replace both orings leaving the set screw out, fill the adjuster just under the threads replace the adjuster plate then tighten the set screw, make shure no air is trapped underneath and it shouldnt leak by any more.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i dont know why so many people have a hard time with these shocks. i know 2002 they had some built in problems, but i've had good luck with mine on my 2001. As it turns out my dealer was doing a have a** job rebuilding mine. so i bought the stuff and did my own. Replace all o-rings every oil change with top grade stuff and good oil. i've got 1000 hard rough munising mi. area miles on it with no problems. Make sure you dont let the ice build up on the remote line you will tear off the line, you will hear it thumping if you have ice build up. Lots of times i roll my sled up on the side of the trail to chip the ice off. its the price you pay for having the trick stuff! <_<

1 - 5 of 5 Posts