Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tighten up thier front limiter straps?

If you did were you satisfied with the adj?

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's my opinion that the F series machines are set up more for snowcross, not cross country riding which is what we do around here. The adjustment that AC provides on the F's is very limited, and help only maringally. I like way more ski pressure than what is provided with the 3 orignal holes provided, so I took the straps completley out, with a track stud drill, I drilled 4 new holes, spaced 1" apart, and ended up in the third hole (3" up from factory setting), and with the front spring tension pre-load reduced as far as possible, my F5 standard handles like it's on rails! I have 10" carbide and 136 studs in a 4-2-2 pattern.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by gatsledder61@Jan 4 2003, 12:24 PM
It's my opinion that the F series machines are set up more for snowcross, not cross country riding which is what we do around here. The adjustment that AC provides on the F's is very limited, and help only maringally. I like way more ski pressure than what is provided with the 3 orignal holes provided, so I took the straps completley out, with a track stud drill, I drilled 4 new holes, spaced 1" apart, and ended up in the third hole (3" up from factory setting), and with the front spring tension pre-load reduced as far as possible, my F5 standard handles like it's on rails! I have 10" carbide and 136 studs in a 4-2-2 pattern.
Hope that helps.
with the front arm sucked that far up, you are compromising rear arm travel unless you have installed spacers in your front IFS shocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts