Hardcore Sledder banner

Front Limiter Strap

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Honker700 
#1 ·
If you pull the front limiter strap up one hole, I know it will put more weight on the front end and help with the steering somewhat if it pushes, but what else does it affect. Do it help or hinder speed, ride comfort, powder handling etc.

#5 ·
Ok, just me. We're talking setup here, and everyone's going to have an opinion. Limiter strap can be pulled up to control pushing - but it costs suspension travel to do that. An easier solution might be to first make sure there is no preload on the front skid spring. You might also want to pull up on the limit strap to control front end lift (especially accelerating hard out of a corner) when using a lot of transfer with your rear blocks way back.

Extending the straps won't do anything by itself - assuming they are adjusted all the way out to start with.

#6 ·
I pulled mine up 1 hole from stock to control front end push and stop some of the wheelieing, it did both, sled rails now and if I want it to I can still pretty much pull the front end whenever I want till 60mph or so, just won't dangle the skis 2' off the ground at 70 anymore. The USI PX301 ski's didn't hurt the handling either but the steering is heavy at slow speeds, guess thats why I ride fast!!!! :smiley-faces7:

#7 ·
I replaced my standard dual runners with Razors w/ 8 inch carbides (not studded at this point) on my 05 Fusion. Love the improvement in corner bite, but the traditional heavy steering. What changes/improvements should I expect if I lengthen the strap? Recommended? Thanks for your input.

#8 ·
I pulled mine up 1 hole from stock to control front end push and stop some of the wheelieing, it did both, sled rails now and if I want it to I can still pretty much pull the front end whenever I want till 60mph or so, just won't dangle the skis 2' off the ground at 70 anymore. The USI PX301 ski's didn't hurt the handling either but the steering is heavy at slow speeds, guess thats why I ride fast!!!! :smiley-faces7:[/b]

Exactly! I found that I had a lot less push with the strap up one hole. That combined with the 07 skis, and it handled well. I still get lift up to about 60ish, but only about 1 - 2".

I just added 6" shaper bars and thinking about putting the strap back to stock. I have found the ride on bumps Ok, but could be a bit better, and was thinking letting the strap back out might help ride comfort somewhat. But then I'll probably get more lift and might push again. I'll try it and see if the shaper bars help with the push with the strap let back out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.