Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding on Sunday, twenty miles in the back country (4 Foot of Powder) my front inner axle shatter the left side. Dropped the left rail and speared the track. Two hours later got it rigged and after an hour back to the trailer, it's at the dealer. They say that it was possible that AC over tightened the bolt. Not sure, but know I will not have it to ride the next two days. I will be riding my MC 900. Sure wish I was on the Firecat. :angry:

You all might check yours. Messed up the track, the left rail. This one will be expensive for AC. But they already said they will be taking care of me. :)

AC is air freighting the parts out for tomorrow, but like most dealers in the area, they are shut down at Noon and the parts probably won't be here in time. Keep you all posted. :(

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, but what the hey!!!! The dealer was really good about it. I was waiting at the gate at 7:30 (opens at 8 am). They took me in at 7:35 when they got there, started looking up the parts and getting them ordered. By noon AC confirmed they would authorize the air frieghting. So as much as it sucks, I am very happy the way they handled it. Trust me, it is not a bad thing having to ride the MC 900 M1. It is almost as much fun

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Earl but I agree it must be nice to have a 900 Mountain Cat M1 B) as a back up. One things for sure, you won't be lacking HP during the down time!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But rather be on the F7. Maybe the Dealer, AC and the air frieght company will deliver a christmas gift early.

I have a planned three weekend starting Friday. I need the sled than as the girlfriend will need the MC 900. I figure if it is not ready by then, I will get a loaner sled from him. He has done it before. Here's to hoping.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just read the service bulletin on the suspension and Tach upgrade. One of the upgrades is to the lock nut for the rail end cap. I guess this came off mine and it caused the track to get speared and that is what shattered the inner axle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Earl McCreary@Dec 23 2002, 07:49 PM
Just read the service bulletin on the suspension and Tach upgrade. One of the upgrades is to the lock nut for the rail end cap. I guess this came off mine and it caused the track to get speared and that is what shattered the inner axle.
that's what it sounded like but I didn't want to say it right off.

Sorry for the misfortune, Earl. I'm glad you weren't hurt.

For everyone else...PLEASE, please, check these fasteners BEFORE your next ride!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea Rob, is sucks as the sled was in the shop for a clutch alignment until this last saturday. The dealer just admitted to forgetting to check the end caps. This little mistake is going to cost someone other then me about $900.00

Well just ride the MC 900 this week. It is a very powerful rig, excellent in the powder and mountains, just not as nice as the F7 on the trial.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts