Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 600Ho Fusion with a little less then 1000miles on it and my clutch is stinking in it is that bad that we had to truck it home and when we looked at the clutch my belt had burnt te side of my clutch and my belt was f>>>ed i'am calling my polaris dealer in the morning but was wondering if any other fusion owners have had this problem the clutch would stick in that bad we had to pry it open we had it all apart and cleaned it and even with the spring out we good not move it we still had to pry on it i was wondering if any other fusion owners had have this problem or know of anyone who had this problem with there fusion any help would be great thx. Polaris still rules

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeah its a common problem, mine does it too, seems to only do it when cold. There are some other post here about it, it seems it is the bushing in the movable shive

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its a common problem, mine does it too, seems to only do it when cold. There are some other post here about it, it seems it is the bushing in the movable shive[/b]

OK that is what we thought that it must be the bushing but this just stops me dead i can be doing 50 60 mph and just lock up my clutch like i said the belt burnt that bad that it left burn spots on the clutch it ruined my belt so im calling my dealer and trying to get a new front clutch and belt out of them and that bushing replaced they should do it i hope

·
Registered
883 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing only not quite as bad as yours, mine is also leaving marks on side of clutch I have wasted two belts in last 150 miles. I am taking the clutch in by itself because dealer is 50 miles away. I am hoping dealer can just hoan the bushing and everything will be ok. I would do myself but do not have tool to to take clutch apart. I need to do something fast because I am heading north Thursday through Monday, I hope. Does anyone know how to get the clutch apart without the proper tool?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing only not quite as bad as yours, mine is also leaving marks on side of clutch I have wasted two belts in last 150 miles. I am taking the clutch in by itself because dealer is 50 miles away. I am hoping dealer can just hoan the bushing and everything will be ok. I would do myself but do not have tool to to take clutch apart. I need to do something fast because I am heading north Thursday through Monday, I hope. Does anyone know how to get the clutch apart without the proper tool?[/b]

I brought mine in and they honed the clutch, been working great since. Mine was locking up and stalling the engine. Freaked me out when i went to restart the engine and the sled moved forward when i pulled the recoil!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 06 600Ho Fusion with a little less then 1000miles on it and my clutch is stinking in it is that bad that we had to truck it home and when we looked at the clutch my belt had burnt te side of my clutch and my belt was f>>>ed i'am calling my polaris dealer in the morning but was wondering if any other fusion owners have had this problem the clutch would stick in that bad we had to pry it open we had it all apart and cleaned it and even with the spring out we good not move it we still had to pry on it i was wondering if any other fusion owners had have this problem or know of anyone who had this problem with there fusion any help would be great thx. Polaris still rules[/b]
my sled had the same problem, the clutch stuck and made a flat spot in the belt. it has abt 300 miles on it, i took it to the dealer and the replaced the clutch and the belt...warrantee...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my sled had the same problem, the clutch stuck and made a flat spot in the belt. it has abt 300 miles on it, i took it to the dealer and the replaced the clutch and the belt...warrantee...[/b]

I just got of the phone with my polaris dealer they told me no way i'll get a new belt and that they don't think i'll get my new clutch out of them and i have warrabtee till dec of 09 one my buddies had this happen and they gave him new clutch and belt at the same polaris dealer so what is a guy to do fix er and sell er becuase polaris anit pointing me in the right area might have to go to the Cat!!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have a 06 600Ho Fusion with a little less then 1000miles on it and my clutch is stinking in it is that bad that we had to truck it home and when we looked at the clutch my belt had burnt te side of my clutch and my belt was f>>>ed i'am calling my polaris dealer in the morning but was wondering if any other fusion owners have had this problem the clutch would stick in that bad we had to pry it open we had it all apart and cleaned it and even with the spring out we good not move it we still had to pry on it i was wondering if any other fusion owners had have this problem or know of anyone who had this problem with there fusion any help would be great thx. Polaris still rules[/b]
Make sure they disassemble the clutch and check for a broken primary spring. You should also ask that they check for broken engine mounts and confirm the clutch alignment which can cause belt slippage and bushing wear/binding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts