Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The knob for my front adjust on my 01 ZR 800 LE keeps backing out on me.Does this mean that it needs to be rebuilt?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine used to do that before I had the shocks rebuilt last season, but after I had them rebuild the knob seems to stay in there pretty tightly so maybe you do need the shocks rebuilt

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Interestingly mine only started doing it after my front skid shock was rebuilt. I don't think they serviced the dial-adjust (as requested) though because the oil level was considerably lower afterward. It almost seems as if air is in the system now. The knob is not as firm to tighten as before and again, it backs out as I ride. I think I'll have it serviced elsewhere of just do it myself this summer.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have an 02 ZR 800 CC and the dealer just did an update to keep the dial from backing out, maybe it covers the 01 too. While he's in there ask him if he can get Cat to cover a rebuild on it, my dealer did.

·
Registered
978 Posts
we had them, there a bad design, we had them by passed... u can either pu a new shock body on the other LE parts, or u can have the shock rebuilt but have them cap the line to the adjuster instead.

we had to do this after rebuilding 2 of them 2 times a season

·
Registered
538 Posts
They are supposed to stay put when everything is charged properly. Unfortunately they don't stay in that condition for very long usually. What you can do is remove the big knob and add a wingnut to the shaft before re-installing the big knob. Then you can snug the wingnut up against the reservoir body to lock the shaft in place. It's real cheap and very effective. JR

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
The problem lies in the fact most dealers have no idea/equipment to properly fill the dial adjust. I had mine done at an independent rebuilder last week and it now works 100%. He's just north of Hamilton Ont.
Contact Jeff at H2O Motorsports 905 659 4187.

Rick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts