Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHO RODE THE NEWF6????DUE TO THE ROBBING INSURANSE CO. I,M DOWNSIZING TO THE 600 FOR 04!!!DOES THE 6 PULL AS STRONG AS THE 7?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
This is the way i look at it-The 04s will probably be a better or more complete package over the 03s all across the board-Plain and simple they have had a year to refine a great sled

But how do you compare 140hp to 120hp????
Im sure it will be there for a while but remember the 04 f7 is brand new also and the f7 should take over after 70mph or sooner-Its called more hp in the same sled
I guess i dont know how you can compare 140hp with 120hp but the f6 will be a great sled and im sure you wont be dissapointed-And yes you will have the fastest 600 plain and simple but it shouldnt stay with the f7 just like the f5 wont stay with the f6

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sold the f7 and i ordered the f6...Had a chance to put some miles on an 04 f6 last weekend at my dealers. I was very impressed with the power of this 600. VERY IMPRESSED....Enough to order the f6.....a much better all around calibration in the suspension also.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THE INSURANCE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM. THE F7 IS HUNGRY ON BELTS!I CRACKED MY STATIONARY SHEEVE ON MY DRIVEN CLUTCH AND A FRIEND BROKE HIS JACKSHAFT RIGHT IN HALF!!!!!NOT TO MENTION THE SLED IS DOWNRIGHT SATANIC!!!MUST BE THE SKULL AND BONES GRAPHICS!!! :wacko: :wacko:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Originally posted by lacat@Mar 21 2003, 10:21 PM
NOT TO MENTION THE SLED IS DOWNRIGHT SATANIC!!!MUST BE THE SKULL AND BONES GRAPHICS!!!
I got a Sabercat also, no problems with it- must of been sent from Heaven :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have 2600 miles on my orignal belt & plug's.It is all in what u want
but there is a fair diference betweenthe f6 & f7...i was not all that
impressed when i took my dealer's for a ride...these people that say
the f6 will run with the f7 till 70 mph are wrong!!!In 1200ft i beat my dealer's
f6 by 10-11 length's..it is not easyier on fuel..the same as my f7.It is the
same thing as coming of a zr 800 then getting on a zr 600!!!But like i said it is all in what u want...dont need the that much power get the f6...but if u are trading because u heard it is as fast as the f7..in any range...u will be disapointed...my 2 cent's.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I know Cat claims 140 hp for the F7, but I've seen many Dyno tests that show no more than 130-133 hp.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Is there any reason for this?

If you take the dyno results I have viewed for both of the sleds(D&D, BlackMagic,AmericanSnowmobiler), the diff in hp is only 10-12, not 22hp.

So what gives?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I know Cat claims 140 hp for the F7, but I've seen many Dyno tests that show no more than 130-133 hp.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Is there any reason for this?

If you take the dyno results I have viewed for both of the sleds(D&D, BlackMagic,AmericanSnowmobiler), the diff in hp is only 10-12, not 22hp.

So what gives? :huh:

But if you are looking to rid yourself of the F7, and find the SAME performance
in the F6, you are mistaken. In my opinion they are close, but not identical.

My $0.02 thats not bashing anyone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
:eek: rev them up obviously got a slow f6, i have an f7 and got the chance to ride a f6. VERY VERY impressed!!!! Suspension calibration is 100 times better then the '03 and trail manners are also for superior, just comes with a year of tinkering!!! As for power, you won't be dissappointed, it will run with any
f7 up to 70mph, it will beat some there and lose to others there, but it will always be very close, after that it is the f7's race, but isn't most of your fun
found from 0-70mph anyways????

Just my observations.

Either way you'll be happy with your f6, i guarantee it!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been struggling with the same issue but it really boils down to what will make you happy. If you compare the reports of the 2004 F-6 to the 2003 F-7s out there most like the new F-6 alot. But you need to compare the 2004 F-7 "potential". You'd have to assume that all the "tweaks" (I was feeling generous today) rolled into the 2004 F-6 will make the F-7 just as good. Horsepower ratings are always good for a debate. If you have a 600cc motor that makes 120 HP and a 700cc motor that makes 120 HP the 700cc motor will "outperform" the 600cc motor and you will feel the difference (more torque). You personally may ride the two sleds exactly the same but you'd probably enjoy riding the F-7 more. If you occassionaly "feel the need for speed" even if only for that goose of the throttle - get the F-7. Best dollar per HP you can find. That said, I'm buying an F-6 this year and when they come out with an F-8 next year I'll pass the F-6 on to the wife (unless she reads this and says why doesn't she get an F-7).

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Dallief7 u just got a slow f7!!!!U better watch out for those rev 600ho with ur f7 cause they are just as fast as the f6!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Rev 600s are fast, but only on the low end. From what I have SEEN, the Revs have little top end. I have also heard that the F6 will pull on the Rev as the race gets longer. You will not be disappointed with the F6. Good luck :D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Rev 6 & f-6 are close to 90 mph but then the rev is done & the f-6 keeps pulling. I have witnessed this race a lot.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
Originally posted by lacat@Mar 21 2003, 11:21 PM
THE INSURANCE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM. THE F7 IS HUNGRY ON BELTS!I CRACKED MY STATIONARY SHEEVE ON MY DRIVEN CLUTCH AND A FRIEND BROKE HIS JACKSHAFT RIGHT IN HALF!!!!!NOT TO MENTION THE SLED IS DOWNRIGHT SATANIC!!!MUST BE THE SKULL AND BONES GRAPHICS!!! <_< <_< <_< :wacko: :wacko:
Good thing it is still under warranty, my belt lasted 2800 miles and one of those days was 280 miles in 50 to 60 degree temps, but Jacks belt did come unglued that day :p , by the way thinking of going ZR900 very reliable and more stable at Magic Carpet Ride speeds B) , and don't give that dinosaur shit you know what I'm talking about. BTW isn't Diamond Drive new tech :D .

·
Registered
146 Posts
:eek: rev them up, maybe you just got the fastest f7 out there??? :lol: :lol:

But i don't think so, my f7 is no slouch, this f6 hung with my f7 better than
any 800 did up to that 75mph range, I'm not looking for your approval rev them up, just telling you what the f6 went like that i rode, and it was bone stock.

I'll just say your 12 sled length story is a big story unless it was a 2 mile
lake race!!!

Keep it true boys!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well said dallief7. Maybe he forgot to tell us that the F6 give him a 6 sled length head start, therefore explaining the 12 sled length victory?

·
Registered
146 Posts
:D thanks zrt6, just somtimes people get so excited over the power of our f7's
they tend to stretch the truth a little. I'm not taking anything away from the f7's we all know they fly, it's just we should try keep it a little closer to the
truth!!!

The f7 will beat the f6, especially after 75 but buy 12 sled lengths???

Nobody is buying that story!!!!

So buy an f6 or f7, you won't be disappointed either way, that I can
guarantee you!!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I CHECKED THE PARTS BOOKS ON F6 ANDF7. DIFFERENT GEARING IN THE CHAINCASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) B) :p :p :p :D :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts