Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just fillin my sled with oil and I dropped a small cap down into the oil tank. I use a flexible spout that has a small cap on my gallon jugs of oil and the small cap slipped out of my hand and you guessed it a clean shot into the tank. I kept filling and the cap came to the top. I tried to get it with needle nose pliers and it sank. Left the cap off and will check it in the morning to see if it comes back to the top. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
i would try to maybe get a CLEAN coathanger to the bottom or the hard war empty out all of the pil and try other things or take the oil tank off

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
IT SHOULD FLOAT TO THE TOP, IF NOT, TRY LIFTING YOUR SLED UP ON IT'S SIDE SO THE OIL RES IS UP IN THE AIR. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
how about one of those flexable gripper tools with the three little fingers on the end that grab stuff.
one of those should reach right down there and grab it if it does not float to the top.

·
Registered
751 Posts
No, dont leave it there. Drain all the oil out if you have to. But one of those flexible claw tools would get it out after a little fishing.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Local "real" hardware store has a 12" long turkey baster, works slick as hell. Drain, flip up on the side and retrieve with a heated wire, heat the end till it's really hot (bic lighter works fine) and then quickly send it in and let it melt and adhere to the cap.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Local "real" hardware store has a 12" long turkey baster, works slick as hell. Drain, flip up on the side and retrieve with a heated wire, heat the end till it's really hot (bic lighter works fine) and then quickly send it in and let it melt and adhere to the cap.[/b]
Thats just what I will do, send a hot wire into my plastic oil res. Not with my luck any way. i got it out by draining off a couple of quarts of oil and removing the oil level sending unit. Thanks f seven. Worked great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts