Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 summit 550f. It has 5645 kms. I noticed the psi on the cylinders are getting low around 105 psi. I would like to freshn it up. So being new I would like to know how would i go about installing new pistons/rings. How would I go about making sure the cylinders are good. And would I need to bore it out. Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
If it has not blown up it is pretty easy. Just go slow and easy with disassembly laying everything out. Buy a hone for a drill and do a simple hole unless the holes are scored, then you will have to bore, but in your case youre probably good to go.

Its a simple pin to put new pistons in. Use assembly lube so you don't scratch anything. Throw it back together and run it for break in. I always check plugs at 1000 rpm differences on a lake to make sure it is running right. I've had too many clogged oil lines or failed oil pumps over the years.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
You should not have to hone the cylinders if they have nikasil coating on them and they are in good shape My wifes 2003 REV did all I did was put new pistons and rings in

Make sure you check the ring gap before installing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts