Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i went up tot he cottage last thursday unload the sled get ready to go for a ride get 5 mins away and pop goes the motor...so i bring it back to the cottage sure enough i blew a piston so i go buy parts, new head, new cylinder and 2 new pistons from birchpoint marine and have them installed 1200$ later its all back to normal running great, turned out it was running way to lean with the reed spacers and bulls eyes plus stupid me added a bottle of injector cleaner, so saturday i was riding it all day breaking it in it was running great did some open water a bunch of passes across a small stretch then about 20 mins later check engine light flashing and the sled was running like shit called the dealer he suggested something to do with the voltage regulator and that the sled had gone into "limp mode" its a 2003 efi F7 anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
243 Posts
ok so i went up tot he cottage last thursday unload the sled get ready to go for a ride get 5 mins away and pop goes the motor...so i bring it back to the cottage sure enough i blew a piston so i go buy parts, new head, new cylinder and 2 new pistons from birchpoint marine and have them installed 1200$ later its all back to normal running great, turned out it was running way to lean with the reed spacers and bulls eyes plus stupid me added a bottle of injector cleaner, so saturday i was riding it all day breaking it in it was running great did some open water a bunch of passes across a small stretch then about 20 mins later check engine light flashing and the sled was running like shit called the dealer he suggested something to do with the voltage regulator and that the sled had gone into "limp mode" its a 2003 efi F7 anyone have any suggestions???[/b]
How many times did the check engine light flash or did it just keep on flashing the whole time you were running it?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
if u look at your ecu it has codes on it for how many times that it flashes! count them and then look at the codes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if u look at your ecu it has codes on it for how many times that it flashes! count them and then look at the codes.[/b]
on the 03 there is no flashing and to the other reply yes it just keeps on falshing the whole time that it runs, and it is not the coolent ive checked that already

·
Registered
64 Posts
ask your dealer to check the stator. mine gave upon my 06 crossfire. blew a motor then got it fixed then again lost power, light flashing, then suddenly dead no spark nothing. luckky i got warrenty cause the damn thing cost like 1 grand!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
My 03 did the same thing last weekend just to be safe I took it to Leader Cats they hooked it up to the computer and it came back with no codes the constant flashing means it's getting hot and you should shut it down, the problem i had was there wasn't alot of snow kicking up on the heat exchanger. But when i went up north the following weekend there was 3 ft. of snow and no more flashing.

Badcatz2

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not heat because i already thought of that....it will happen right now if i start it up cold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts