Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no damn snow!!! hence the trip to wyoming in Feb! went out on the lake yesterday. there was snow a week ago....now just some great ice conditions for hockey! man o man....wtf are we to do?!!!!!!
some pics of a week ago (sleddin and snow) and some now!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread but why the hell is the forum allowing pictures to load to the right, horizontal scroll is the F'in worst. Damn it. /rant off. Have to send Rob a PM.

·
Registered
304 Posts
How deep was the water? Is it just a few inches over ice? How deep under the ice? I've always wanted to try skipping across but i'm such a chicken shit. My seadoo is better equipped but man it looks like a rush. I guess you just go balls out and hope?

Go CANADA! woohoo. You're lucky you have ice.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, i dont like the scroll to the side either...but hey, it worked!
water skippin is the shit. and it is freakin easy. i know JC will say different lol. i have skipped all of my sleds (indy500 summit670 440's zr 700 f6). my rev 440 and the zx 440's are nuts in the water. in the summer with the rev, i can start in about a foot of water, crack it, and up she goes! just like a jet ski. my F6 is not as good but still gains speed on the water. thats a pretty small crossing, i have done some bays--now that is fun. its also good to know if and when you come up to some open water while crossin a lake in the winter. when you hear about those poor sledders sinking their sleds in the ice or even dying....i bet most of them panicked and hit the brake, in return losing momentum. if they would have cracked it and lean for steering they might have made shore. either way it is scary when not expecting it. i crossed Wawa lake (7 miles) with a buddy on the back last year at x mass. maybe 2-4 inches along the shore, open through the middle. it was hairy but shit what a rush he was screaming like a baby! lol. now before everyone calls me an idiot and such.....ah shit its all in fun! now if i had kids.....thats different.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How deep was the water? Is it just a few inches over ice? How deep under the ice? I've always wanted to try skipping across but i'm such a chicken shit. My seadoo is better equipped but man it looks like a rush. I guess you just go balls out and hope?

Go CANADA! woohoo. You're lucky you have ice.[/b]
the water is about 10-15 feet deep. keep it shallow your first time! until ya see what your sled can do.
Canada Rocks!

·
Registered
792 Posts
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I HATE RIDING ON THE ICE, I HATE CROSSING PRESSURE CRACKS AND I HATE RIDING OPEN WATER!!! :banghead: :banghead:
But, hubby 'made' me and the Brat learn how to safely do all three for just in case reasons.
Personally, I prefer trails but we live on the lake and it's faster to Midland/Penetang, Muskoka, etc. by lake than by trail.
All I guys I ride with love the open water and I think they're :nuts: !!!

On the 'plus' side :)
It's not as hard or scary as it looks.
If I can do it......ANYONE CAN!! :div20:</span>

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Edit:
I forgot to mention...
Welcome to Georgian Bay lake riding :linemup: </span>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.