Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a 2018 pro s switch or an Adventure. Anybody have any input on the fox shocks vs the walkers? Thanks

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,426 Posts
Walkers. You can get everything the Adventure has and put it on yourself, and have a better sled at the end of the day.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well, I can't say because I have never ran the Fox. Something strange happened on my 2017 Switchy. It came with Walkers. I am a big man (250lbs) and bottomed out quite a bit on the first rides. Then after miles were accrued the bottoming out stopped. But before that. I spent money on HyGear springs based on my first rides. My 2019 Switchy did the same thing.

I had saved the springs and thought I needed to install them right away on the 2019. But that was not the case. I am changing them this summer just because I bought them.

Not to downgrade the HyPro springs. They are fantastic when it comes to eating bumps. I am installing them this summer just because I bought them. But my 2019 ride with Walker shocks was great.

The Walker Evan shocks are great for me. But I don't jump. I just ride beat trails.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
there was a time that fox would be the shock of choice. but that has changed today. i have been rebuilding shocks for a long time. walker has had some tolerance issue's in the years past. there quality has gotten much better. and the new velocity shocks are really, really, good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts