Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that thers a Fox Shox rebuilder in the Birds Hill area who does a good job at fair prices, Who knows?????
How often should a shock be rebuilt?? and how can you tell if it's due?? Thanks in advance.. :div20:

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Yeah, there is a guy around that area, I can't remember his name though.

The amount of time between rebuilds depends on alot of things- rider weight, riding style, type of shock, etc. I have to get mine done now, I usually get about 1000 miles between rebuilds and I have them charged at about 500 miles. That is if nothing weird happens. I only have 450 miles since the last rebuild and mine are shot already, but I was hammering the rear end pretty hard, going through foot deep moguls at 50-60 mph.

·
Registered
124 Posts
you are right there is a guy in the area that does all types of shocks. his name is jim bouman he lives on #59 near the 9er
not sure what his # is but i'm sure it's in the book under bouman enterprise..(not sure of the spelling) :burp:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Delgaty, If your only getting 450 miles out of a rebuild I hope it's not from the guy on 59 Hwy.I have a M-10 with Fox resivour shox. I rebuilt them about 5000 miles ago and they have worked fine until this year, I fel that they could be better now. I'll try to find Bouman.. Thanks for your help.. :beerchug:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just had 2 shocks done in an M-10 at a dealer and it lasted about 300 miles. I am not sure why... yet.

I can check on the name and phone number of that fellow, as my mechanic just sent my shocks out to him.

P.M. me for his info

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Delgaty, If your only getting 450 miles out of a rebuild I hope it's not from the guy on 59 Hwy.I have a M-10 with Fox resivour shox. I rebuilt them about 5000 miles ago and they have worked fine until this year, I fel that they could be better now. I'll try to find Bouman.. Thanks for your help.. :beerchug:[/b]
Yeah, I know it's pretty soon, but there's definately somwthing wrong there. When I was up in Pine Falls they hadn't cleared the beaver dams off the trail yet and I was hitting those things, one time I actully got stuck on top of one. I sit down on it and it most of teh time now when I get up is stays down. I've always taken the shocks to a dealer to have them done. I'll try Jim, but how hard is it to get the rear shocks off? Do I have to take off the skid?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you have to take out the skid. If your shock is staying down, it's got water in it and has frozen. Mine is just plan bagged out, no compression what so ever. I talked to Jim, sound like a fair guy to deal with..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.