Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got sick of seeing no snow and itchin to ride seeing i havent even got to ride my new sled yet, so me and a buddy who just picked up a new polaris dragon 700 decided to head north and look for snow, we went through iron mountain and they were all brown ended up goin to crystal falls and went west a little bit twards iron river/ or ironwood i cant remember? but stopped off short at lake emily in crystal falls. its a really nice big lake that seemed very well froze with prob 6-10" of snow on it drifts varying. the trails were pretty good a little beat up and could use some more snow but they are very much rideable where the trails werent packed down there was about a foot of snow, and there wasnt any grass or anything showing through the trail, and it was a blast being able to acually ride, also people said they were nailing the walleye on the lake so i think next weekend were gona bring up the portable ice shanty and some sleds. id recomend anyone else lookin for some snow to check it out, was a very nice area. - Joey

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure we didnt go ice fishing but there were people with wooden shantys out there and trails all around the lake and we rode all over the lake and it seemed pretty thick there were quit a bit of trails and there were 4 wheelers out there

·
Registered
344 Posts
what days where you up there? how many miles did you get? where you able to ride from town to town or just in a small area? thanks for the info. sound like ya had some fun.GOT ANY PIC?

THINK SNOW

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

:linemup: :celebrating:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well we each just got sleds weve never rode before and they both needed to be broken in, and we just decided to go find snow monday morning and just went up for monday and we left crystal falls at like 7pm, so we didnt go to far i think we put on like 70miles and in all that area we rode we went pretty far down the trail and everywhere we went it seemed good, we didnt go all the way to town but by the looks of it i think you would have been fine to do it, if you were goin to go really far though it looked like the snow was more west? not a 100% sure but thats the way it looked. it was a very fun ride, and my first time gettin to drive a rev! sorry didnt bring my digital camera we decided to go at the last second and just kinda took off to find some snow, i cant remember what trail number it was but we parked at lake emily boat launch and i was suprised to see a big lake like the frozen. there was about 6'' on it. i have a 2003 rev 600ho, and my buddy who went with just got the new dragon 700, we lined them up on the lake a little bit but i have studs and he didnt so id smoke him of the line but even twards top end more he wasnt straight smokin me or anything, but i did take it for a ride and its fast as hell. The ski's really like to come off the ground! any other questions and ill help you out as much as possible i was just glad to know that the white stuff really does exsist in the u.p.- Joey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.