Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help. The cylinder near the belt keeps eating plugs every 25 miles or so, the plug is wet and black, the other plugs are fine and look normal, I have K&N air filters, the boots are good, I have mikuni 38 carbs with new boots. The sled is a 1995 ZRT800. This problem just started, has anyone out there had a similiar problem, and what did you do to rectify it. Any help would be appreciated. I ride in the Haliburton Ont area.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Is the choke sticking? If it is only happening on one cylinder, and is a new condition, what else could make that cylinder over rich. Pull the choke plunger and clean it and the oriface. Make sure the choke plunger moves and seats properly and the cable is adjusted properly. If it is not the choke it could be the plug cap not being well seated on the cable, or not making good contact with the plug. Try screwing the plug cap further onto the plug wire. An intermittent loss of spark can lead to fouling.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
come to think of it.. i had that problem with my ext. one choke cable always hung up for some reason. good place to start had a buddy with a 96 zrt600 had one cyl always ran richer.. he ran a hotter plug in that one and never had a prob after that.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Originally posted by wfocatman@Mar 7 2003, 05:59 PM
come to think of it.. i had that problem with my ext. one choke cable always hung up for some reason. good place to start had a buddy with a 96 zrt600 had one cyl always ran richer.. he ran a hotter plug in that one and never had a prob after that.
Yikes! I would think the way to handle that situation would be to stagger the jetting, which is fairly common in triples, rather than mix up the plugs. There are many twins that run staggered jetting too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts