Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time going to Maine and heading to the Fort Kent area, how are the trails in that area? How far can you go till you run out of snow in all directions from there? Is there certain areas to avoid? Will be week day riding if that means anything. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Trails are great . No matter what direction you go you won’t run out of snow. If it’s your first time to the county you will love it. Check out lake view restaurant great place to grab lunch or dinner groomed right to the doorsteps in st. Agatha.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The County is in good shape, just did 550 in 3 days and we wern't killing it, sat rain and sun snow kept the miles down but its all good now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah we got 3 inches last night another couple tomorrow and 4-6 on Sunday. it will be mid-winter conditions. pretty much everthing that will freeze is frozen. very cold air and wind coming on Friday/Sat. visibility in open areas will be poor. I think things settle down next week but be ready for cold air still. highs around 5 and lows around -5 to -15.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got back from caribou Monday. We Rode the entire long lake from the lakeview restaurant in st. Agatha to the long lake sporting club in Sinclair. There were pickup trucks out on the ice fishing.I went between 60-104 mph the entire length. Well marked and was butter smooth when I was there. Best eating in ft Kent is the swamp buck restaurant in my opinion. The best rides from ft kent would be Dean's restaurant in Portage and really anywhere in the county except probably Ashland which was sketchy when I was there. I would go ft kent, Portage to washburn to caribou then loop up 83n to 105n then decide depending on how much further you want to go. Stop in st Peter's store in cross lake and get a shirt. Recommended northern brewery in caribou for food drinks atmosphere. Have fun keep the rubber side down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts