Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to Dealer in the county yesterday said 3 clubs have down some grooming can anyone verifiey this he said 7-8 inches with ice base any help would be great before i drive all the way for nothing :celebrating: :celebrating: :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
I'm wondering if there's still open water/mud bars out that way. It was below zero last night and pretty cold over the last couple of days....things should be locking up soon. :dunno:

·
Registered
184 Posts
My uncle runs the groomer in Fort Kent. I spoke with him 20 minutes ago and he said the trails are good to ride. He also mentions the railroad beds are perfect. Yes, more snow would be prefered. The Fort kent area is supposed to get another storm Sunday into Monday. Adding to what they already have. So, this information is straight for the horses mouth. I might consider going up there next weekend. I really need to ride...

·
Registered
19 Posts
My uncle runs the groomer in Fort Kent. I spoke with him 20 minutes ago and he said the trails are good to ride. He also mentions the railroad beds are perfect. Yes, more snow would be prefered. The Fort kent area is supposed to get another storm Sunday into Monday. Adding to what they already have. So, this information is straight for the horses mouth. I might consider going up there next weekend. I really need to ride...[/b]

That is awesome news Mthib207. Your uncle rocks and you kick ass for sharing this promising news. Too bad everyone isn't this forthcoming with info. on places to ride. Fort Kent is by far the best riding in the State and the people are fantastic. I wonder if Long Lake is even iced over yet??

·
Registered
42 Posts
My friend and i have a room booked in St Agatha next weekend for 8 nights. Were were thinking of canceling but if conditions are ok we still may go up. I think were gonna hold out untill late next week to make the call. Im keeping my fingers crossed for some good snow from this next storm. We appreciate your uncles work. The rail bed as always been in great shape in past years when we have gone up.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I wonder if Long Lake is even iced over yet??[/b]
It's been cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey, BUTT not cold long enough to make it safe to ride on the lakes up here yet... Went into Ft. Kt. today to do st!t and I seen sleds moving about... Also some going by the farm here in Wallagrass on 73A... More snow is needed but there is some riding to be had !!!! I've been putt puttin' around on the back 40 some, nuff snow to lube the slides but the scags grab dirt at times... Need another 6" ta make it sweet!!! Dat's what she said

Ha,
bearcat

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
pretty sad rangely lake was wide open today :banghead:[/b]
:banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
390 Posts
going up to fort kent tommow morning early, yea i doubt the lakes are safe yet, hopefully we get some decent riding in though.[/b]

skidooguy6490,
If I might make a suggestion ... do the rail-bed and head to St Francis and Allagash.. Heard there's more white up that way?? Taint sure but Escourt usually gets more of it...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
My uncle runs the groomer in Fort Kent. I spoke with him 20 minutes ago and he said the trails are good to ride. He also mentions the railroad beds are perfect. Yes, more snow would be prefered. The Fort kent area is supposed to get another storm Sunday into Monday. Adding to what they already have. So, this information is straight for the horses mouth. I might consider going up there next weekend. I really need to ride...[/b]
YOUR THE BALLS. I AM SURE ALL THE GUYS HERE APPRECIATE YOUR GOOD NEWS. WE ARE ALL PRAYING THAT WE GET SNOW EVERYWHERE BUT IT IS NICE TO KNOW IF WE REALLY WANT TO RIDE THERE IS A SPOT FOR THE DIE HARDS TO TRAVEL TOO.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I also heard that Eagle Lake is not quite frozen yet. Although the temps have been seriously cold up there, another couple weeks, the lakes should be in good shape.... If anyone goes to Fort Kent over the weekend, lets us know how it was...............

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My friend and i have a room booked in St Agatha next weekend for 8 nights. Were were thinking of canceling but if conditions are ok we still may go up. I think were gonna hold out untill late next week to make the call. Im keeping my fingers crossed for some good snow from this next storm. We appreciate your uncles work. The rail bed as always been in great shape in past years when we have gone up.[/b]
Let me know what you find out. I am going there in two weeks and would like some firsthand info--Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
I know where that is ( the picture ) , but one question was it taken this season? or it was from last year ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts