Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I run ford performance exhaust which is made by borla , fit great and sounds good too with the x pipe, I'm always leary of after market shit not fitting but the ford performance stuff fit right up ........

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
3,951 Posts
This is funny cause I was a leader back in my day.
In 1978 I put a cherry bomb onto my 1976 Cobra II with the 4cyl. I was leading the pack back then with noise. lol It sounded pretty bad I'll admit but it held up well during the really lousy winters we had for a couple years while all exhaust systems rotted out badly due to salt use at the time. Along with the cars rotting away. That Mustang had a rust hole in the fender by 3 years old. lol

Steve

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think it would sound better with a bigger turbo and cat delete ;)
Agreed, bigger turbos and straight pipe will fix it!

don't for get all the turbo piping and a tune.

turbos suppress exhaust sound all by their self, until the skinny pedal to the floor. My friend used to have a skyline with 3" straight pipe and bigger turbo (I cant recall the size). It was impressive how quiet it was at idle and cruising.

Again to add something constructive to my post, I used to sell tuck parts, I have always thought AFE was good product for a fair price and a complete intake and exhaust system made to work together.

https://afepower.com/vehicle-platforms/cars/american-muscle/mustang

IMO borla and corca are over priced.

If it was me I would be putting the money in to a Tunner (even off the shelf). Im not up to date with the 4cyl but the 3.5 had some real to be had with cheep upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
9,147 Posts
we did a borla on an f150, not a mustang. i personally thought it was one of the worst ones i've heard.
not that it sounded good, but the best of them, IMO, was magnaflow
I agree Magniflow has about the best sounding exhaust.--then again I work 90% with V-8's. :whistle:

HaHa, ever try to wrestle a USAC midget 4 cylinder?
nope--worked on them though!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I run ford performance exhaust which is made by borla , fit great and sounds good too with the x pipe, I'm always leary of after market shit not fitting but the ford performance stuff fit right up ........
The best fitting/quality stuff was always SVO/SVT straight from Ford. They list three different systems for the 2.3 extreme/sport/touring. I'd likely go with touring as I hate exhaust drone at highway speed. They also have heads and other goodies. :)
https://performanceparts.ford.com/mustang/

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree Magniflow has about the best sounding exhaust.--then again I work 90% with V-8's. :whistle:

Magnaflow never let us down. Bang for buck its spot on. We have swapped out other company's muflers from their kits on multiple occasions to magnaflow.

I have had good luck with flow master too, mostly because they are cheaper. They are hit and miss on some applications, They take the ticket if you want the loudest. That is about it, IMO

21 - 30 of 30 Posts