Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this 2017 Mustang convertible 2.3 turbo yesterday. I know it will never have the nice growl of a V8 but I would like it to sound a little better. Not looking for more performance, just better tone. Mufflers only I'd guess. No rice rocket fart cans either. Suggestions???

Attachments

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
Just bought this 2017 Mustang convertible 2.3 turbo yesterday. I know it will never have the nice growl of a V8 but I would like it to sound a little better. Not looking for more performance, just better tone. Mufflers only I'd guess. No rice rocket fart cans either. Suggestions???
Awesome Dave you and the wife enjoy. Happy anniversary. :bc:

·
Registered
439 Posts
ahahah,
said every eco boob owner

on a more constructive note, the only way we have made the 3.5 sound good is with a full exhaust kit... It was two years ago but I think it was a MBRP.

·
Premium Member
20,009 Posts
I'd agree with him. After researching pickup exhausts.....I decided to leave mine stock. Post video if you find one you like though. Nice car.

·
14,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having installed just about every kit out there for ecoboosts, my opinion is that you simply cannot make them sound good, no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:hmm: I'll settle for sounds "Better?" :dunno:

·
14,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
myself and most of the other guys at the shop always thought they sounded worse. some worse than others, but never better than stock
Did you happen to try the Borla S axle back mufflers?

·
14,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, maybe?, I need to take my own advice I dish out to every young wipersnapper here that brings up exhaust cans for trail sleds :(

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I've got the FP/Borla Touring axlebacks on my '15 GT (stock resonator) and they are perfect for me. Not obnoxious, a little deeper than stock when you're on it, no drone. The GT should have had these from the factory, IMO.

Not sure how they sound on the EB though. I wouldn't want to go too radical with exhaust on that engine to keep it toned down, or you'll hate it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
You'll never make a 4 cylinder sound better, by making it louder. Never.
X10000000000 Ever been to a demo derby? We call em bumble bees for a reason.... Then the V8 cars roll out and the ground shakes!!

On a side note didn't I read something about the sound system on them cars playing exhaust tones through the speakers to make the owners feel cool?

·
14,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X10000000000 Ever been to a demo derby? We call em bumble bees for a reason.... Then the V8 cars roll out and the ground shakes!!

On a side note didn't I read something about the sound system on them cars playing exhaust tones through the speakers to make the owners feel cool?
HaHa, ever try to wrestle a USAC midget 4 cylinder?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts