Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an hjc cl-12 and last night it was in the low teens out and my glasses fogged up so bad i couldnt ride at all. i had to use my motocross helmet with over the glasses goggles. i didnt fog up but the cold was just blistering my neck and around my eyes where the wind rushes in.

i need to do something quick because this weeks is supposed to be in the 0's all week.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I also have had glasses for 36 years. Last year after going through all the problems we face, I figgured out there are 3 things to do. 1) Get the lazer in the eye thing for correction. 2) Get a heated helmet visor . 3) Get a laser style helmet that the whole front lifts up. When we put the glasses on, the sides bend and such. With the new helmet, no problem. When riding I open the face plate a hair and I have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
This is not for everyone I know, but here is what I did. After years of riding with glasses I broke down and got contact lenses. It was a big adjustment, I'm one of those people that don't want anything in their eyes. Took awhile to get used to the contacts, but its the best thing I could have done. Wouldn't ever go back to glasses. Worked for me, good luck

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I wear contacts when sledding. It's always nice to be able to see where you're going when travelling at 100MPH+.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I wear contacts now, but I wore glasses while riding for about six years. I found that the absolute best was to use a "NO FOG" mask. It can be purchased through Polaris, Cat, Dennis Kirk, HPE, etc. Just make sure that you remove the other breath deflectors from your helmet so the mask can work properly. I have ridden in 45 deg. F in the rain with this set up as well as 45 deg F below. It really works. :) I never used a heated sheild or anything like that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wear glasses as well. For the past years, I have been using a HJC CLX SN. They have the best breath deflector and covers the most skin. I use a polartech baclava and sewed the eye opening as narrow as possible. Fogging is not a problem with the goggles, but on coldest days, frostbite.

I bought a Ski Doo Modular Helmet for the really cold days. Works great. No fog at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have lasik eye surgery done. I had it done about 8 months ago and it was the greatest decision I had ever made! After wearing glasses for almost 20 years and always dealing with helmets the freedom of not having anything to mess with is unbelievable. Contacts are good but annoying to always have to deal with. Lasik eye surgery is the only way to fly. I had it done in Indiana and it only cost me like $1500 and the actual procedure took about 4 min. Highly recommended!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
My friend wears glasses and had a Doo modular helmet and it works okay untill the end of the day then he fogs up................we ran into some fog last week and he was screwed right away........I run snowcross helmet with goggles and had to run bare face just to see......even the heated visor is no match for fog.....like someone said above is wear contacts and that is what my friend is getting....

·
Registered
831 Posts
52 years old and been riding since I was 17, tried everything short of lazer surgery, Arctic Cat premium helmet with heated visor is best I've found.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried ProView Presciption lens, they fit into motocross goggles and they work great no fogging great vision. You can call Pro-View direct give them your presciption and what style goggles in about 10 days you have them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I F'd around with glasses for years.. There is NO good setup with glasses. I got contact lenses this fall and I absolutly love them! I got the kind you can leave in day and night for 30 days..they are just super! I can see much better at all times, and night driving and riding is expecially easier.

Btw, I tried the Provue goggles last year.. to me, they sucked and were not worth the money.

T

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Jan 12 2003, 04:19 PM
I F'd around with glasses for years.. There is NO good setup with glasses.  I got contact lenses this fall and I absolutly love them!  I got the kind you can leave in day and night for 30 days..they are just super!  I can see much better at all times, and night driving and riding is expecially easier.

Btw, I tried the Provue goggles last year.. to me, they sucked and were not worth the money.
Glad to hear it Rob. I thought we recommended contacts to you a while back and there was some reason you couldn’t wear them? I love mine. I have disposable ones. Their less then $1 per pair so after riding you can just pitch them and put your glasses back on. Also, if you get something in your eye while riding and just can’t seem to clean your lens or tear it by mistake, just pop in a fresh disposable one. Just an idea if you have any issues with the 30 day ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my previous eye doc said I couldn't wear contacts at all.. he was full of it. new doc gave me the daily disposables first.. they were fine, but these 30 day "night and day" ones are better.. Now I wake up and can read the alarm clock :rolleyes: that's great! I carry a spare pair just in case but I haven't needed them yet. Glasses Suck! ^_^

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wear my contacts for riding. I tried it with my glasses only once. I wear disposable lenses that are changed every two weeks- $35 for a 3 month supply.
I would highly recommend them, I will never go back to glasses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by otterbob@Jan 12 2003, 07:28 PM
what happens after 30 days if you leave those contacts in? do you really get a full 30 days outta em? how much do they cost?
Yes, I get the full 30 days. Occasionally I will take them out to clean, but only for a few minutes and I only have to do that once during the month and only when I'm riding. Normally I just leave them in the full 30 days and then swap for a new pair. The cost is similar to daily wears (about $1/day). This is an excellent alternative to eye surgery. Here is a link to the contacts I use:
http://www.nightanddaycontacts.com/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts