Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under another post you'll find where I'm trying to rebuild a clubhouse. One of the things I came across today was our old snowmobile teetertooter. It's too bad it was in such bad shape otherwise I would have taken some pic's.
The basic idea is similar to a kids teetertotter only bigger. A metal triangle frame on both sides with a metal bar or pipe and a deck on top( big enough for a sled). The idea is to drive the sled up on the platform and try and balance . As a fundraiser, charge a few bucks and let them try. Some of our older members can't remember someone doing it successfully. Cheap to build if you can/ or know someone who can weld (can be built out of wood) and will pay for itself in no time. Platform is wood. :smiley-faces7: :smiley-faces7: :hear_no_evil:

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
sounds great I like it as you have to know your sled quite well and any shift of fuel can cause it to tip

would be great thing to try at a demo ride or Snowarama or poker run aka get a wild card if you can balance it :)

I just finished tickets last night for our Rock n' Snow Bowl

·
Registered
99 Posts
Under another post you'll find where I'm trying to rebuild a clubhouse. One of the things I came across today was our old snowmobile teetertooter. It's too bad it was in such bad shape otherwise I would have taken some pic's.
The basic idea is similar to a kids teetertotter only bigger. A metal triangle frame on both sides with a metal bar or pipe and a deck on top( big enough for a sled). The idea is to drive the sled up on the platform and try and balance . As a fundraiser, charge a few bucks and let them try. Some of our older members can't remember someone doing it successfully. Cheap to build if you can/ or know someone who can weld (can be built out of wood) and will pay for itself in no time. Platform is wood. :smiley-faces7: :smiley-faces7: :hear_no_evil:[/b]

This is a good idea, i did this at Yamafest many years ago on Head Lk, i'll see if i can dig up pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts