Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at the Maine snowmobile show and sat on some of the new fusions. I noticed with my right foot, in the footwell the chaincase cover. I was wondering if anyone who has a fusion last year, when you rode, did you notice the cover with your foot when riding.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
i dont think you could see it on the 05..........the 06 has a lowered driveshaft ....that is probably why you see it now :smiley-faces7: :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by racer0321@Oct 8 2005, 08:27 PM
I was just at the Maine snowmobile show and sat on some of the new fusions.  I noticed with my right foot, in the footwell the chaincase cover.  I was wondering if anyone who has a fusion last year, when you rode, did you notice the cover with your foot when riding.

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916956
[/quote]

:schild27: :schild27: :polaris_rules:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I sat on an 06 last weekend at the Syracuse show- and i notice the right foot-well is alittle "tight"
and I was told- it was because they lowered the driveshaft 3 inches, i think the clutch has been lowered as well, to improve the belt angle- to combat those problems

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,367 Posts
altough i seem to really notice it on my 06, it did not seem to
hinder my riding at all, when i rode the 06's at the polaris sneek
peak rides in gaylord back in march. i even ride in fxr octane boots
too. :dunno:

·
Registered
274 Posts
ya
i rode them on old forge at that sneak peek
did'nt notice that during my test rides

but everything was so rushed U did'nt have time to take in the small details

·
Registered
484 Posts
The chaincase protrudes more on the 06 than it did in 05... It looks to me and I could be wrong, but the only reason it's wider is because they put a fill plug in the footwell, thereby eliminating the dipstick. There's also a siteglass for checking the level.

I present the chaincase/footwell of my 05 fusion.

The chaincase/footwell on my '06 fusion.Notice the additional tunnel bracing on the 06, there's a lot of that compared to the '05

·
Registered
274 Posts
wow some quick photos !
did u just go snap them ?

ok- stupid question- but...
u pointed out the fill plug, does this mean You fill the chain case w/ oil throw the footwell threw this plug ??

do i need a goofy funnel ??? :doh:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was also wondering about this when I spring ordered my 600 HO,but I put on my winter boots today and sat on the sled and could barely feel the chaincase.Not real riding I know but I dont think it will be an issue.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by danracefan@Oct 8 2005, 09:21 PM
wow  some quick photos !
did u just go snap them ?
ok- stupid question- but...
u pointed out the fill plug,  does this mean You fill the chain case w/ oil throw the footwell threw this plug ??

do i need a goofy funnel ??? :doh:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917182
[/quote]

Actually, I just got the 06 today and snapped some shots of the so called, problem areas... I had the 05 pic from last year, again of some so called, problem areas.

BTW - Yes, I just confirmed on page 84 of my owners manual, the bolt with the flathead screwdriver slot is in fact identified as #3 - Fill Plug.

You'll need a goofy funnel to add oil to the chaincase.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help and info everyone, that helps a lot. I was starting to get upset with Polaris, but this puts my mind to ease. Hopefully I am going to get a 07 next year, maybe the 600ho will be in the cleanfire injection then. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I added alittle gear oil to the chaincase today with a 8'' straight funnel, no problem at all! kinda easier than my prox.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by fyoushun@Oct 8 2005, 10:54 PM
Actually, I just got the 06 today and snapped some shots of the so called, problem areas... I had the 05 pic from last year, again of some so called, problem areas.

BTW - Yes, I just confirmed on page 84 of my owners manual, the bolt with the flathead screwdriver slot is in fact identified as #3 - Fill Plug.

You'll need a goofy funnel to add oil to the chaincase.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917334
[/quote]

no funnel needed, use a squirt bottle of some type. been doing that for years regardless of chaincase type. if you can't find a squirt bottle, use a Plochmans mustard bottle

·
Registered
746 Posts
I definitely noticed it on my '05. I wear big boots (size 12 Sorel Glaciers, +1 size extra to keep 'em loose and my feet warm when it's below -30*) which probably made it worse. I was surprised that nobody complained about this last year. When I slide my foot in and out of the footwell, I usually keep it snug against the tunnel and every once in a while it stubbed on the chaincase. No big deal, I got used to it, but it was a slight flaw in the design.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wear the same size and brand of boot, and that was what I was wondering. Just something to get use to I guess

1 - 17 of 17 Posts