Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dealer was supposed to do this but my tach is not working. can anyone tell me if the side with two wires should be up or down? thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
ya, I would also need help with that. :(
Can somebody post a pic where and how to do it? :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not the ECU, the coil on the silencer side in the box frame.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The two wires will be on the bottom side , i think there is black and orange . They should be towards the back of the sled on the bottom , when you are done you should be able to see some writing on the coil where it sticks through the frame towards the silencer . All you have to do is clip the two zip ties holding it to the frame and rotate it 180 and re zip tie it . Hope this helps .

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by snowmanf7sp@Jan 15 2003, 02:17 PM
The two wires will be on the bottom side , i think there is black and orange . They should be towards the back of the sled on the bottom , when you are done you should be able to see some writing on the coil where it sticks through the frame towards the silencer . All you have to do is clip the two zip ties holding it to the frame and rotate it 180 and re zip tie it . Hope this helps .
That is wrong(per bulletin anyways...). The high tension leads that go to the spark plugs will point DOWN and the white writing on the coil will face the engine. This is per Arctic Cats bulletin instructions. I'm not saying that what you mentioned won't work properly, but it is not the way AC said to mount the coil.
-John

·
Registered
28 Posts
you should verify that that bulletin was performed or not it had other important updates that need performed as well. it contains new updated bolts and washers for your rail tip protectors and longer bolts for your rear suspension front arm where it mounts to your tunnel. very important. ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Trust me this way works . Some people who did it the way cat says still have problems , this is the way i did it and it works perfect :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by racetechus@Jan 16 2003, 12:32 AM
you should verify that that bulletin was performed or not it had other important updates that need performed as well. it contains new updated bolts and washers for your rail tip protectors and longer bolts for your rear suspension front arm where it mounts to your tunnel. very important. ;)
i have the new bolts thats for sure . im only suspicious because on my bill they put starter guide and rope/starter but i have my old frayed rope. the coil looks like a pain to flip so im thinking they blew it off. i also have a good nick in my stearing rod from hitting the engine but my vin# did not fall into the range of the service advisory so they blew that off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts