Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like 2 months ago i flipped my coil to fix my tach problem, as i can remember when i filpped it the numbers were facing out. Now i got my sled back from the dealer and i cant see the numbers anymore, but my tach still works fine. I think my dealer without knowing anythign and assuming i did not flip the coil myself flipped it and now its back to normal, but it works without seeing the numbers.

My question is, that when you guys flipped your coil were the numbers facing out, or towards the motor and you could not see them?

thanks,dave.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Honestly it really doesnt matter as long as the spark plug wires are facing away from the wiring harness or tach wires where they would cause interference.On the f5 i did myself i faced the spark plug wires straight down and ran behind the heads and up-The other f5 that i picked up at the dealer(they did all bulletins before i would pick up) has the spark plug wires kind of facing forward and down-As long as your tach recall is giving you accurate numbers dont worry about it-Thats all this bulletin was about was inaccurate tach numbers caused by interference with high tension leads(spark plug wires)-scott-On the f6 coil is now mounted behind the heads by oil tank so cat addressed the problem permantly-scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts