Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my F-7 sno-pro when I first start out riding after letting it warm up for the better part of 30-40 minutes. My machine hesiates and breaks up periodically for just split secs at about engagement to 3/4 throttle. But if you mat it, it runs fine. It's almost like a small electrical or fuel delivery problem and then it cleans up over time.

But after running my friends standard F-7, it seems to have no such problem and also seems much more responsive in that range of the throttle. Both machines have the square ecu.

Any body have similar issues, and or any ideas what could fix it. It didn't seem to be there early season when it was breaking in. I have changed the 'dumb values' and checked the fuel pump clearance.......

Thanks for any help.

Scott

·
Registered
97 Posts
Take it back to the dealer you smoked your engine. the same thing happened to me this weekend. They'll put a whole new top end on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by sbriody@Jan 20 2003, 04:36 PM
On my F-7 sno-pro when I first start out riding after letting it warm up for the better part of 30-40 minutes. My machine hesiates and breaks up periodically for just split secs at about engagement to 3/4 throttle. But if you mat it, it runs fine. It's almost like a small electrical or fuel delivery problem and then it cleans up over time.

But after running my friends standard F-7, it seems to have no such problem and also seems much more responsive in that range of the throttle. Both machines have the square ecu.

Any body have similar issues, and or any ideas what could fix it. It didn't seem to be there early season when it was breaking in. I have changed the 'dumb values' and checked the fuel pump clearance.......

Thanks for any help.

Scott
it really sounds to me like a defective or incorrectly adjusted throttle safety switch. There has been some talk about that happening lately. if so, it is an easy fix for your dealer. You can check it yourself be looking at the gap between thumb (throttle) lever and bars. S/B about a millimeter (really small gap).

·
Registered
1 Posts
i hope all you guys that are getting new top ends are realizing they dont have any cylinders built or available till next year!!! this means new pistons and rings but if that thing is scored the least bit good luck !!!

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Originally posted by cleanitup@Jan 21 2003, 10:47 AM
i hope all you guys that are getting new top ends are realizing they dont have any cylinders built or available till next year!!! this means new pistons and rings but if that thing is scored the least bit good luck !!!
YEA RIGHT!!!! :wacko: :wacko:
who told you that? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
you would be talking over 13 month's from now

·
Registered
738 Posts
Sounds maybe like a power valve problem.(exhaust valves) I say this because of the hesitation you mention during all operations except WOT. Where at WOT the valves are wide open, maybe during the rest they're not opening correctly or too much. I'd take a look at them first!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same problem with my F7 green team graphics. I took it in to the dealer for the Smart Valve fix and the thing is now as responsive as my X-edge with flat-slide carbs. I absolutely LOVE this sled!!!!!

The boys at Cat have done GOOD!!!! :D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts