Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with flatslides on a 2002 600ZRT.I never experienced such high idling on any of my ZRTs before.When starting cold it will idle up to 3800 and drop back after awhile if left alone. When riding and coming to a stop the same thing.I can bring it down by applying choke but there must be a reason for this problem.Ben this way since new and there is now 2500 miles on it.Once idled down it will idle slow and consistantly.This high idle only lasted seconds on all my older ZRTs.Is this a flat slide trait?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also have an 02 zrt6, I was looking for some way to properly adjust the carbs. Mine does the same thing but I bought mine used. So not sure about what they should do. I backed out my airscrews about 1.25 turns and my idle fuel screws (plastic) screws 1.5 turns. Then adjusted idle screw so it idles about 1500 rpm when warm. Not sure if any of this correct!

·
Registered
997 Posts
cattmann

I have a 2000 t-cat and had that same problem. All I did was to richen up the idle circuit by screwing the air fuel adjustment screws richer. I think this was out, but don't hold me to it. Just turn them 1/4 turn on each carb. and see if this helps. If not go another 1/4 turn, if not then try the other direction on each all over again. I believe mine are 1 3/4 turn out from fully seated. Don't over tighten when going from the closed position!

·
Registered
191 Posts
take the carbs off and check too make sure there isnt a pice of the flatslide broke off. this just happened to abuddy of mine with a 03 xcr 800. he got lucky and it went out the pipe with only 2 small marks on the piston and it didnt even hurt the reeds. the ones polaris use are green in color and the ones cat use a black. buy the black ones from cat because they about $65 can and the polaris ones are $95 can. hope you get lucky.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Try setting your base / hot idle RPM a little on the low side..............works wonders on the twins.[/b]
Also consider tach calibration. My tach was way out at idle. It reads low so if you set the idle by the tach you may actually be setting it inadvertantly high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts