Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
My "existing snow flap" has been sucked under so many times and shredded by my studs that anything less than a new flap ain't cutting it for me. This reads like there is no new flap. Anyone confirmed yet?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
haven't had any problems with mine, but does anyone have a pic of the new one??

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm not trying to be mean to the person behind you riding..but if you have problems with the flap getting sucked under...juss take it off...I took mine off...and I havent had a single problem with it yet...even tho they say...you should have it on...do yo keeping it cool....I took it off...and havent had a problem...and the people behind me havent said anything yet...they juss tell me how sweet of a machine I have and that they wished they had one like mine... :D

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
My understanding is that the update kit is simply the sno-pro type nylon strap that MANY of us have already intstalled long ago! -- Roy

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by 5B -@Feb 14 2003, 12:02 AM
You WILL get one FREE snowflap replaced.
are you postive on this? my dealer said cat is not warranting the flaps, i was pretty mad since mine is all black and worn it doesnt look to nice.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope we get new flaps but I doubt it. It would cost cat too much to give every firecat owner a new flap. But if anyone decides to BUY a new one make sure you get a F6 flap becuase they are stiffer, have more ribbing so you won't have to worry about it getting sucked in.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I think I heard somewhere that they would warranty the flap if you dont have studs. Could be wrong tho

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
what is that strap, is that your own personal fix, or is that cat's fix???

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by SweetFireCatGreen@Feb 14 2003, 02:38 AM
I'm not trying to be mean to the person behind you riding..but if you have problems with the flap getting sucked under...juss take it off...I took mine off...and I havent had a single problem with it yet...even tho they say...you should have it on...do yo keeping it cool....I took it off...and havent had a problem...and the people behind me havent said anything yet...they juss tell me how sweet of a machine I have and that they wished they had one like mine... :D
You should be clubbed if you are riding with no flap. That is dangerous and have some respect for other peoples property.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts