Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting my 03 xcr put back together here...flannery trail port job,tempaflow, dynoport pipes,vf3s, team secondary, flannery prepped htg heads, 136x1.5 ripsaw..and gonna run side exit straight pipes..(no silencer)...what do you think ill turn for actual HP numbers...180 ish???

·
Registered
760 Posts
getting my 03 xcr put back together here...flannery trail port job,tempaflow, dynoport pipes,vf3s, team secondary, flannery prepped htg heads, 136x1.5 ripsaw..and gonna run side exit straight pipes..(no silencer)...what do you think ill turn for actual HP numbers...180 ish???[/b]

When I first read your title I though you were referring to an 800hp Flannery motor. I was thinkin DAMN!!!!

As for what your numbers would be, I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
getting my 03 xcr put back together here...flannery trail port job,tempaflow, dynoport pipes,vf3s, team secondary, flannery prepped htg heads, 136x1.5 ripsaw..and gonna run side exit straight pipes..(no silencer)...what do you think ill turn for actual HP numbers...180 ish???[/b]
side exit straight pipes? WHY, you want to make hp or noice? you will get more attention being first, then being loud. if its the trail mod porting, mid 180s.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Seems like most guys that get the Flannery trail port are getting mid 180's on the dyno....which will probably be about the same decibel rating you are going to get running straight pipes. No can will probably DROP your HP.

Get the MBRP can if you like noise, this can will be loud enough for you...promise!

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
I think ditchbanger has the :got_nx: hooked up to the wrong intake ports??

run a can of some sort

These days might I suggest an OEM Can
it would make everyone happier from the
Wardens Land Owners and you and you're
wallet due to noise regulations we are all facing..

You're Spending money in some of the right places
but contradict those decisions with bad opposing decisions like No
Can..

Unless this is a race sled with Race Pipes and have correct stingers??

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think ditchbanger has the :got_nx: hooked up to the wrong intake ports??

run a can of some sort

These days might I suggest an OEM Can
it would make everyone happier from the
Wardens Land Owners and you and you're
wallet due to noise regulations we are all facing..

You're Spending money in some of the right places
but contradict those decisions with bad opposing decisions like No
Can..

Unless this is a race sled with Race Pipes and have correct stingers??[/b]
\

actually im from canada and we just run from feild to wide open field..so there are no issues with noise at all..i thot this would actually increase the hp numbers ...i guess i can always try both..but just thot that no restrictions after the tuned pipe was better..id be happy to hit the 180 hp mark also...gud to hear!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
side exit straight pipes? WHY, you want to make hp or noice? you will get more attention being first, then being loud. if its the trail mod porting, mid 180s.[/b]

i just bot a used boondocker nitrous kit also that i was goin to use..was told that i could safely run about 40hp shots at it...wasnt sure if the tempaflow could be used with this operation tho..any one runnin the boondocker with the flannery job?? tuning info would be priceless..thanks

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'd definately run a can. i have the Flannery porting, HTG pipes, stock can. Nice and quiet, i got pulled over by game wardens 3 times this weekend, and the sound never even crossed their minds. Also keep landowners and stuff a little less irritated.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i just bot a used boondocker nitrous kit also that i was goin to use..was told that i could safely run about 40hp shots at it...wasnt sure if the tempaflow could be used with this operation tho..any one runnin the boondocker with the flannery job?? tuning info would be priceless..thanks[/b]
I have never played with Nitros on sleds but plenty on cars. Start small and move up. I also wouldn't use it without some quality fuel like VP or similar. Also would guess you have to pull some timing to get the most out of it/ and make it safe.

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
Loose the team secondary and tune with a button.

Doesn't mater what the hp is, it flies, and has long legs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Loose the team secondary and tune with a button.

Doesn't mater what the hp is, it flies, and has long legs.[/b]

ive bin told by a few ppl that the teams are very hard to tune....i thot that the racers choose the side exit pipes to make the exhuast shorter and less restrictions,..therefore more HP..??

about the noise issues..seriously we are on the wide open prarie..few ppl out here,,noise control isnt the issue at all...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
ive bin told by a few ppl that the teams are very hard to tune....i thot that the racers choose the side exit pipes to make the exhuast shorter and less restrictions,..therefore more HP..??

about the noise issues..seriously we are on the wide open prarie..few ppl out here,,noise control isnt the issue at all...[/b]
the side exit pipes are the race version, higher rpm, you may need race porting to get any good out of them, i agree,the button clutch is easyer to tune , tons of parts and lots of setups, but if you are running fields,deep snow the team will work. buttom line is everything has to work together. trail porting, race pipes, team clutch, might be a while getting it all sorted out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts