Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 08 RMK that was running a bit rough over the weekend. Was kind of off and on. Sometimes bogging out and it didnt have real good throttle response.There were times when it seemed to run fine. After the sun set we had to ride the trail to get back where we launched from. About 6 miles into the ride I lost all power so I shut it down. The guy riding with me said he seen flames shooting out of the exhaust. I tried to start it and a huge flame shot out so I shut it down. After a few minutes I fired it back up and ran the last 3 miles without any problem.
Could it be fouled plugs causing this? The sled has about 200 miles on it. I have only gone through about 3 tanks of gas and did premix the first tank of gas and have been running 93 octane in it.
I have broke in several sleds and never had this happen.
Should I be concerned about any engine damage due to this?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If it is CFI then you gotta try to run it hard to get that oil out after mixing the first tank. There are some that went without mixing their fuel so much.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
If it's a Dragon that's normal. All Dragon's are supposed to breathe fire :flamethrowingsmiley: ....sorry I couldn't resist. :yelrotflmao:

I hope you get it figured out though, it always sucks to have problems with a new sled. Let us know what the problem was when you get it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts