Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've wrenched on my sled a lot with the help of my friends - did lots of stuff as I realized after I bought it, it was an auction sled - when I got it it had wrong belt, wrong plugs, no clutch deflection tool (the black plastic thing), air in the oil line, kimpex skis, missing brackets, springs and broken speedometer, water in the DD and other stuff i can't remember.

So - fixed all of that - not too bad and learned a bunch. Got a few parts from the dealer on the recalls - i.e. secondary drive clutch bolt - the long silver one - i've since turfed it and have a Black Diamond deflection adjuster. But I've always been leary about bringing it to a dealer for FEAR of what they would really find.

So I brought it in, they did the following:

Cleaned the power valves
lined up the skis (I put C&A Pros on, but it was darting all over the place.... woah)
performed the steering column recall
performed the gas tank crack recall
rebuilt the rear shocks

and.... they said the sled's in awesome shape otherwise. OMG :beerchug:

This is at an AWESOME dealer in Merrickville, Ontario. Dillabough.

I have no idea how much it cost though... any guesses? I'm just happy the engine ain't shot - so now I can ride with no fear of me having messed anything up!!! :banana:

I think maybe $500? Too high, too low?

Guesses?

·
Registered
385 Posts
So I've wrenched on my sled a lot with the help of my friends - did lots of stuff as I realized after I bought it, it was an auction sled - when I got it it had wrong belt, wrong plugs, no clutch deflection tool (the black plastic thing), air in the oil line, kimpex skis, missing brackets, springs and broken speedometer, water in the DD and other stuff i can't remember.

So - fixed all of that - not too bad and learned a bunch. Got a few parts from the dealer on the recalls - i.e. secondary drive clutch bolt - the long silver one - i've since turfed it and have a Black Diamond deflection adjuster. But I've always been leary about bringing it to a dealer for FEAR of what they would really find.

So I brought it in, they did the following:

Cleaned the power valves
lined up the skis (I put C&A Pros on, but it was darting all over the place.... woah)
performed the steering column recall
performed the gas tank crack recall
rebuilt the rear shocks

and.... they said the sled's in awesome shape otherwise. OMG :beerchug:

This is at an AWESOME dealer in Merrickville, Ontario. Dillabough.

I have no idea how much it cost though... any guesses? I'm just happy the engine ain't shot - so now I can ride with no fear of me having messed anything up!!! :banana:

I think maybe $500? Too high, too low?

Guesses?[/b]
Hard to say exactly but my guess is he has about 4 hours into the sled excluding the warranty work. I'm also going to guess that you told all about the sled and if he's a good dealer he would of gone over that sled with a fine tooth comb for you. $500 is not bad for getting satisfaction that your sled has been checked and everything is ok. It sounds like it was not looked after very well,,,,, enjoy your sled this winter,,,,, if we ever get snow.

On another note I called around Ottawa looking for pricing on shock recharges (oil n gas). Dillabough was only charging $15 per shock, everyone else around here wanted $70!!!!!! ouch!

enjoy

·
Registered
361 Posts
My dealer has a large sign in his shop that says $60/hr labor. Then a smaller sign next to the cash register........$70/hr labor if your watching......$80/hr labor if I'm fixing your f**k up

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok. picked it up. $249 cdn after tax. in awesome shape. just need the snow. I was so impressed I bought extra stuff. plus he has a floater suit as well I might get, never know if we get on the lakes this year. talked to the mechanic and he was happy with it. he says it pulls like a bitch. can't wait.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but were you quoting $US ??? Actually - after I bought a couple of things - $309. You win. Sorry no prize but your PRIDE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts