Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing an ODS clutch kit on my 05 F7 EFI. Two questions.

First, on the secondary clutch, how do you remove the threaded nylon insert that effectively closes off the end of the helix and provides a surface to locate/contain the spring. Is there a special tool that I have to buy? Is there a way to remove this piece and re-install it in the new helix without a special tool. Also, there's a good bit of thread in both the stock and the new helix. How do you know where to locate this nylon piece?

Second, and this will sound stupid but I've never clutched a sled before: how do you pull the primary clutch. I have the correct clutch puller and have threaded it onto the primary as far as it will go without actually spinning the primary and and am now unsure how to proceed.

Thanks,

Ephman

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
yes there is a tool to remove you sec adjuster and it has left hand treads you tool kit should have the proper tool in it and second you need a breaker bar and a large screw driver to remove your clutch just start turning and it will come off maybe with a little bang. Also on reinstalling your clutch make sure you putt some loctie on the bolt and tourqe it to the proper amount and then recheck it after you run it awhile. hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts