Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got the new ride!!
07 apex attak!!
So I went out for the first rip and put 150kms on it keeping it moslty under half throttle, for the break in. but after 250 its gun hoe!!
I really wasnt expecting that much engine breaking!! its nice though i like it.
and i love the 136 in the ruff stuff. plus i got the apex mountain skis put on!! work awesome.
and in about foot and half of powder shes awesome!! and not heavy at all!!
I cant wait to get this break in period over!! so i can really opener up!
nor can I wait for my white knucle exhaust system! heared there loud cant wait!!

plus these 4 strokes are great on gas!! and Fort Mcmurray people got any info or first ride opinions. or any one at that matter.
and can u guys tell me what to watch for on my sled as im breaking it in. or what i should do for the rest of the break in time.

have u guys had problems with the sled?
what went wrong?
whats a good aftermarket add on?

any replies wud be much appericated. thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
you have nothing to worry about it the flipper and go that's all i can tell you, oh and your face will hurt for a while cause all your gonna be doing is smiling. never thought i could smile for hour's untill i got my 06 attak have fun

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oo yah after my first ride i was so impressed!!
and yah i had a smile from ear to ear loved this sled.
and its not even broken in.
cant wait to get my white knuckle. I have to hear my toys, cant stand not!
heared its loud saves weight adds a little hp`s so i bought one.
just waiting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yah i totaly agree with u skydog. every company is behind the yammi.
never ever going 2 stroke again..
4 stroke hands down is way better in every catagorie. aftermarket.. stock...reilabilty.. etc.. etc..

does anyone have any words of advice for the white knuckle. hassle putting it on or..
does anyone have it and. does it sound nice no one in my town has one so I would like to be the first.. and cause its loud!!

thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
well no doubt i am the odd ball here because i love my 2 strokes but that's not important here....i think it's awesome when someone "feels it".....i'm happy for you man!!! now if it would just snow we could all feel good!!!....congrats on the way you feel!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Brand new to sledding and just bought a leftover '06 Attak, put 320 miles on this weekend in Quebec and had a blast. Had to get use to the engine brake for a little bit but after that it was all systems go! Went easy the first 60 miles, kept it under 5000 rpms, and then kept it under 7000 rpms until I hit around 150 miles. Sunday morning was a whole different story, had a lot of fun on a freshly groomed virgin trail and then some lake riding before heading home.

I have a feeling that I am really going to enjoy this hobby!

·
Registered
569 Posts
BTW, I thought that my sled was pretty loud(stock exhaust) compared to my brother's Polaris and my brother-in-laws Ski-Doo. I am going to use my shooting plugs next time I ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OO yah man I just love the feeling of a new sled, or a new toy at that.
love this sled.
and where I am we have easly a foot and half. plus its snowing tonite. hopefully get like another 5-6 cm`s!!
well I need loud stuff just gotta hear my toys. it sounds great under 6000 rpms!!
but after all tunnel noise, like a howl, on the hard pack.
and yah i did the same break in as you, after i got 350 it was totally different drove it like i stole it. beating the ski-doo`s and cats in the 1000 foot drag.
had the drag lights and everything set up it was awesome.

thanks, guys.

hope u guys enjoy your sled as much as I do!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts