Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first 20 miles today in Mars Sand Hills. Trails are pounded pretty bad with a few bare spots. Overall it wasn't terrible and I found some powder (about 8" deep or so). Hopefully we get at least 10 cm tonight. There's already over an inch here now.

I should also remind everyone to take it easy on long open stretches, especially at night. A friend hit a 6 point buck broadside just before Christmas and he killed it. He has bruised ribs and heavy damage to his SRX. He was doing about 120km and the buck just stepped out infront of him. You never know when a deer or moose could walk out of the bush!

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
only ur first ride? geeze the south must be bad. so far up in swan river valley i have put on almost 300 miles and have taken almost all groomed trails from the ducks. theres lots of snow here and i think all trails are groomed and are signed.

but i do agree with other posts we need more snow. the 2 feet in the ducks isnt enough, the powerlines are boring with no powder and the ditches are getting packed down.

have fun and hope for snow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts