Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, this is my first 440 sled and maybe I am just not used to it yet but I took it up and down the street alittle tonight. It seemed to run well but, it seems to shift funny. It is a little hard to explain but I will try. While riding at around 3/4 throttle it really isn't moving that fast. Then go to the bar and it has almost like a turbo lag and then kicks in and lifts the skis. I am unsure if the track is just slipping but the plows had already been through and was riding on a very hard pack/ice. I do have a studded track.

Any idea's on this? Am I just not used to this machine yet?

Thanks in advance

I will also add that I did not experience any bogg issues as the previous owner stated.

·
Super Advanced Member
3,369 Posts
Year of sled??? Trail converted??? These sleds in race trim have some very aggressive helix's. They will be very on/off feeling. Going through the pits I can't really keep a constant low speed throttle. kind of have to feather it on and off. The black primary spring on the newer unconverted SnoPro's will bind also. If trail riding both primary and secondary clutching should be changed.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Year of sled??? Trail converted??? These sleds in race trim have some very aggressive helix's. They will be very on/off feeling. Going through the pits I can't really keep a constant low speed throttle. kind of have to feather it on and off. The black primary spring on the newer unconverted SnoPro's will bind also. If trail riding both primary and secondary clutching should be changed.[/b]
It is a '99

Turbo lag huh? Maybe a worn out or broken clutch spring. Or possibly dirty clutches that need a good overall.[/b]
It was the only term I could come up with. I have yet to go through this machine and going through the clutches will be one of the things I look into. I do notice alittle rattle from the primary so I am guessing it will need some new bushings.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think he means that when you step on it or hit it there is a delay and then it goes. kind of like driving a car w/ a turbo[/b]
Yes something like that. The motor seems to wind up fine but it just takes a second sto kick in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.