Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made the 7 hour journey to Langton, ND for some early season testing. Got to like the thoughts of riding on October 8th in the midwest. Snow was melting fast, but plenty in the ditches up there to put on a few miles. Brought along the new Apex, a new Crossfire, and a 05 F7 with our F9 single piped big bore. Put about 25 miles on the Apex. It rides really nice, has great throttle response, and is a true musclesled. The Fox floats on the front worked great an soaked up the bumps nicely. The rear seems to rebound a little to fast and will have a tendency to kick up in the rear on really big bumps. Just below halfway of the cool adjustable shock seems to be best for me, I'm just over 200lbs.
I'll have the new Yamaha Supertips in the near future and we'll begin clutch kit testing.
Will be working on a new exhaust system shortly too.
All in all, after just 25 miles on the Apex, I give it a thumbs up for sure. Good job Yamaha!
Fun sled!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
come on bikeman,some more info,u had to squeeze the trigger against some other sleds :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
. The rear seems to rebound a little to fast and will have a tendency to kick up in the rear on really big bumps. Just below halfway of the cool adjustable shock seems to be best for me, I'm just over 200lbs.

the rear adjust dial does rebound adjustment not compression like most magazines report.

·
Registered
21,076 Posts
He said in his post on the cat side that he lined it up with his F9 and the f9 won. But then again thats not really a fair comparison. 180hp+mod vs 150 hp stocker

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by Greg B.@Oct 11 2005, 09:31 PM
He said in his post on the cat side that he lined it up with his F9 and the f9 won. But then again thats not really a fair comparison. 180hp+mod vs 150 hp stocker
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923382
[/quote]

tell that to some guys that say a 1000cc should race a 1000cc-no matter what stroke-

looks like u guys had fun up there in ND-wish i could have been there to ride on the white stuff. cept i dont think i would have got off until i couldnt find anymore snow :div20:

·
Registered
38 Posts
The side mount suspension adjust(remote adjust yam calls it) adjusts damping, not rebound. not only does it state this in the owners manual, but you can tell just by adjusting it standing still, and jumping up and down.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by cybris@Oct 12 2005, 02:39 PM
The side mount suspension adjust(remote adjust yam calls it) adjusts damping, not rebound. not only does it state this in the owners manual, but you can tell just by adjusting it standing still, and jumping up and down.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924772
[/quote]
yes the manual says it adjusts dampening. unfortunately dampening is a term that can be used for compression or rebound. the manual is not specific to which one that it applies to. in service update clinics we were told by yamaha service rep that it controls the rebound dampening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts