Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up before everyone else to go break the sled in on the lake. First got it warm and went through the "burping" process and it was fine. Finally got about 30 miles on it and started going faster and faster. The sled has no mods yet, I wanted to wait to see what I thought it would need. Got on the trail for about 100 miles and really go used to the sled. It rides and corners much better than the F7. I was swapping with friends that have F7s and dreaded the ride especially when it got a little rough.

03 f7 studded and clutched. 4000 miles, Once the F8 had 200+ miles it would take it from bottom all the way to top. We did alot of rolling races and it didnt matter the F8 walked away slowly each time. It wasn't killing it but it would not be questionable who was faster.

05f7sp with clutch and 1.5'' track. 1500 miles, Same results.

04rev800ho with 144 studs and I don't know what else because I don't know the guy. 700 miles. I was just going off of what I could see. Now the F8 has 300 miles and was feeling good. The F8 won 9 out of 12 races. If it was studded like the rev I don't think 12/12 would of been to hard. These races were very close and a little change would make a lot of difference. I way 200 pounds and the other gentlemen about 160 pounds.

I'll be back on forum later. If there are any questions.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This last weekend me with my 04 F7 with ODS kit, and my brother with his 05 F7 stock and a buddy with his 05' F7 with goodwin kit and leaned down went riding in the U.P. of Michigan. Everyone is studded. Packed snow conditions. I raced my brother a hand full of times until we realized we are wasting our time. I am not bragging by any means here, but I would walk away from him everytime. We tried racing 20mph - 100mph, 70mph-100mph. It didn't matter he had no chance and I knew it after the first race(he was not very happy).
So now that Im feeling good about things I moved onto my buddy with his 05' packed with a high dollar clutch kit and a lean down jet in fuel line. I thought for sure he would eat me for lunch. Guys I couldn't believe it and neither could he, I beat him every single time as well. He wasn't taking it well so I had to race him about 25 times. Not once did he pull away. It was only buy a sled length or two, but a win is a win.
Both of there 05's would run just over 100mph on the lake. My 04' would run about 10mph faster. I thought the 05's were going to be the best thing since sliced bread. What is going on?

Then there was one more competitor, my cousin with his 2001 poo 800 xcsp. This thing has a hot seat head, pipe, a clutch kit, reeds, studs, and who knows what else. We ran about 15 times. He was very close to me until we got to about 90mph then I would pull away. When all four of us raced he was a consistant second place.

my cousin has a 800 polaris and I have an F7. He couldn't believe i past him when his spedo said 128mph, the thing is mine said 113mph. It was atleast a one mile run. Just shows how far off some spedos are.

By looking at your other post I would say that your 04 F7 was faster than your new F8.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F7 HIGH, that F7 sure did run, but with what was done to it, it should. With no mods on the F8 it would be a close race probably with the F7 pulling ahead by a sled length. Stud, clutchkit, y-pipe on the F8 and the F7 shouldn't have a chance. Even if they were the same speed I wouldn't give up the ride and handling of the F8. I loved my F7 and spent a lot of money on it, but will not go back.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Most on speedo I saw was 107. Lot of 104 and 105 runs. Seems to pick up speed with more miles.[/b]
see now,that would piss me off.. box stock firecat f6 will hang with you.. and despite what internet says// the difference between firecat and f in the ride department is a joke

now a good running box stock f7 from 4 years ago will walk past you like your standing still(the original f7 firekitty easily runs teens and god forbid we properly mod it!!!)... and that same sled will ride a wheelie that would scare god, carve corners and jump road approaches and a little tweaked did win the iron dog and you name it and is still in use as the sno cross machine and straight line sled in 99% of those contests. so who has the better sled... thats the question in this little guys mind,,

whats keeping us from it?? lots of things

·
Lake Runner!
17,502 Posts
must be pretty quiet over in the old chassis forums nowadays, lots of overflow. more f7 owners are posing in here then f series owners, gotta love it. man, was i that big of a blind, ignorant moron when i owned my F7, hope not!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
must be pretty quiet over in the old chassis forums nowadays, lots of overflow. more f7 owners are posing in here then f series owners, gotta love it. man, was i that big of a blind, ignorant moron when i owned my F7, hope not![/b]
oooooooooh I hit a nerve,,, I love it. until the new model proves itself in every category it will be a second class citizen to the sleds that have... thats life :beerchug:

at this point I think they should have called the new cats pantera's and left f out of it :beerchug: mis-leading loyal customers is no good

·
Lake Runner!
17,502 Posts
it is not the point of ripping on the sleds, it is the point that every post when someone is trying to be helpful you guys come over and start spewing your my sled is better then yours. i think everyone is getting a little sick of it. how many new f owners are either current or previous firecat owners. WE KNOW HOW FAST THE FIRECATS WERE!! most of us drove them or still drive them. come on guys get over it.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
i wanna see one of these f7s easily run in the teens. there is a radar run next saturday in negaunee michigan on teal lake which can be seen from us41.Last years top speed was a turboed rx1 from illinois.Teens on the gun should get you the 400 dollar top speed prize I would think.As for the new f chassis,I hear they handle nice,Thats good news for the cat faithfull.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
did you have the chance to ride the f10 yet? im just curious on how it feels on the trail. rode the mach one time! ONE TIME was enough! felt like a dam snowplow compared to my firecat! thought about picking up a new f10. what do you think will be the better buy? thanks for the info

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
You will love the F10 handles the same as the F8 or F6 with a ton more power, eats huge bumps for lunch. There is no getting around the fact that the new chassis rides and handels 10 times better than any thing else on the snow... I thought that my 03 F7 was awesome, but its a pile of junk compaired to the new F series.

Krom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts