Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Jimmy and I made the journey to Langton, ND for a little testing and riding on the snow! They got about 10 inches up there last week, but it was melting pretty fast by the time we got there. Though there was a good 4-6 inches in the wide open ditches. Some spots had more, up to a foot or two and some nice drifts to bust up and jump.
Brought alot a new Apex, a new Crossfire 7, and a 05 F7 with our Single piped F9 big bore. Put about 25 miles on each sled, got the clutch kit done for the crossfire, it's the same as we use on the 05 F7's. Makes a huge difference in accelleration, they are a little soft off the line stock. I found the 06 crossfire to be a little lean when you hit the throttle around engagement, so the slightly higher engagement of our clutch kit made the lean hesitation go away. When I was dynoing the sled last week I noticed the lean low rpm hesitation too. The hesitation is just kind of annoying with the stock clutching. Ran it with our inline fuel reducer and pipe mod and it really came to life. What a fun sled, I really like the handling of the Crossfire. The suspension was a little soft for me in the bumps and jumps though. Was alot better with the spring tensions turned up, I weigh 210 lbs. I think the sno pro springs would be more for my riding style. I really like the more forward upright riding style. Good job Cat!

The Apex was a fun ride also. I was very impressed. You can feel the extra weight that is has over the Cat, but still a very nice sled. Revs very quick and pulls hard for a stock sled, still saw nothing but the tail lights of the F9 though. The fox floats up front worked great, though I thought the rear suspension rebounded to fast in big bumps and would kick up sometimes. The cool quick adjust shock on the tunnel worked very well though. I found running it just less than half way was good for me so that it didn't buck in rear so much.
The 05 F7 with the our F9 big bore was a blast! After getting off that, the 700 Crossfire felt like a 440. I got the fuel injection settings and clutching dialed in for the single piped F9's in the diamond drive sleds. I had it geared up to the next size larger gear set in the diamond drive because of the larger motor. We also installed a 1" track and studs. It hits hard out of the gate and keeps on pulling hard. What a fun sled, the light great handling of the firecat sno pro with the muscle of the 909cc F9 big bore. Too much fun!!

All in all we had alot of fun. Delivered the F9 on the way home to its new owner.
It was a long drive, but well worth it just to ride in October in the Midwest. Granted I was pretty darn close to Canada.
Here's a couple pics too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
GREAT to hear stuff like this personal testing of you products :banana: glad to hear things went well with the F9 and was the APEX really as good as its hiped up to be?

·
Registered
672 Posts
If your need more testing done and looking for more snow from now to mid-may send the sleds to me in Greenland. I will do the testing for free :div20:

:beerchug:
Jens

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you want to run for miles on end WOT hit the trails from langdon and run eastward to Cavalier, north to Neche, down to Walhalla, etc... The Pembina gorge area is very nice as well. Kind of a long drive from the Twin Cities, but well worth it for riding in the beginning of October!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
from what Erich told me they were close for a while then the crossfire pulled a little on the apex. but I'll save the detail for Bikeman

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I dont think that the Xfire would beat the Apex,Unless it was a hook up problem. They said that the Xfire pulled hard from 0-80 then it slowed up and i am not saying this I am just repeating from what i was hearing. So if any thing the xfire would take it out of the hole but the Apex would pass it,If the apex was hanging with it out of the whole the apex should have passed it.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'll have Erich reply, mabe I mixed it up but I thought thats what I heard,either way they were very close,so???

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Originally posted by born to ride@Oct 10 2005, 09:51 AM
I dont think that the Xfire would beat the Apex,Unless it was a hook up problem. They said that the Xfire pulled hard from 0-80 then it slowed up and i am not saying this I am just repeating from what i was hearing. So if any thing the xfire would take it out of the hole but the Apex would pass it,If the apex was hanging with it out of the whole the apex should have passed it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919458
[/quote]

Tha's not somethig i would expect to hear from you... :drunk: :frech32:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Erich - I was wondering about your f9 boondocker settings ....are they much different in the field then what you had dynoed with ????? As the temps get cooler for me every week on asphalt I find myself having to compensate with the boondocker for the cooler temps instead of the efi adjusting like we would think . Since you have been in at least a little bit of snow I was wondering your findings . You can pm if you don't want to discuss on here . -dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey just wanted y'all to know an experience I had with Bikeman Performance. I had ordered a timing key for my F-7, and when the box came, the ziplok bag had no key. I contacted them, and they promptly sent me another one! I am very pleased that they would take care of a mistake with no questions asked. I would highly recommend them for your parts. I will be ordering from them in the future. :luxhello:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by born to ride@Oct 10 2005, 10:08 AM
What would did you expect to hear out of me?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919485
[/quote]
Proper sentences for a start would be nice. What Soldd was implying is now that you think you are getting the Apex, you are an expert and know everything about it. Even what it can and can't beat. Kid, quit sniffing the glue because we can tell it is hardening. :help:

1 - 20 of 172 Posts