1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 600 km's.

1. Never ending pull.
2. Love the QS3's. Handles great.
3. Not the most PC term but the acceleration is retarded!

I didn't even look at the speed I was more concerned with rpm setting up my clutch as I was hitting the rev limiter running a new set of weights. Dialed in and good to go. Now that's its broke in and we have ice on Lake St. Claire I'll see what the top end looks like this week.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've rode sleds my whole life and I can honestly say this sled scares me. After just one weekend riding it I gained a huge amount of respect of it's ability to get me in trouble.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I rode one for some miles last year and I was impressed how linear it was . Was right by my 800 2 stroke till about 70 then it just took off and left me . I enjoyed the ride. Nice sled.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Took my new 50th LTX-LE out for first ride in PA today. Still breaking it in, but, OMG. The suspension is awesome, takes the bumps like magic. And it pulls and pulls even though I'm not able to really rock it yet. Can't wait until those 300 miles are done.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wait till you're into triple digits on hard pack and the tuners get twitchy. Uncomfortable.....I switched to skidoo 5.7's. see for yourself and let us know....

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait till you're into triple digits on hard pack and the tuners get twitchy. Uncomfortable.....I switched to skidoo 5.7's. see for yourself and let us know....
My junk Tuners never seen the snow. Curves from the get go.

·
Registered
302 Posts
What mods have you guys done?

I put on the 6.9 Pilots and it turns as easy as my Apex with EPS. Got the install from the FAQ's on TY by Rockerdan, they handle great. Still fine tuning the shocks. My tuners never saw snow.

I also put 144 1.375 Woody's studs.

Replaced the Tri-hub with one from J+T products and added a 4th wheel from them too. Saw too many pics on TY of trashed stock tri-hubs.

Fred

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey, Fred.

Just put on 5.7's, med height windshield, studboy 1.5" & tunnel protectors . lol. I don't know what else to do? Pretty happy at this point.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I did the windshield too. We ride a lot in Quebec and the stock windshield is a joke.

I'd really thing about replacing the tri-hub. If you look on TY forum many, many picks of the cheap Cat aluminum axles breaking. J+T products was solid and looks much less likely to break. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to install, you'll need 2 guys to pry the rails apart, but very much worth it.

I'd also suggest a Turbo Dynamics belly pan protector. Goes under the clutches. Many pictures of a blown belt punching a huge hole in the belly pan and Yamaha doesn't cover it. It's about 120 bucks and looks like it could save your machine from extensive damage if a belt blows.

Fred

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What mods have you guys done?

I put on the 6.9 Pilots and it turns as easy as my Apex with EPS. Got the install from the FAQ's on TY by Rockerdan, they handle great. Still fine tuning the shocks. My tuners never saw snow.

I also put 144 1.375 Woody's studs.

Replaced the Tri-hub with one from J+T products and added a 4th wheel from them too. Saw too many pics on TY of trashed stock tri-hubs.

Fred
Mods:
144 x 1450's
Belly pan protector under clutches
Hurricane exhaust
Hurricane Super Tuner clutch weights
Medium sport windshield with mirrors
Blue Curve skis

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran it up to 107mph and still climbing before I had to get out of the kitchen. It gets there in a hurry.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I set up mine as per RockerDan's on TY. 5.7 pilot's with 7'5 shaper bars. Tunner's never saw the snow. 192 studs with stud boy ultra lite double backers in the middle. J&T 4th wheel kit. Mid sport window with power made handgaurds. Thunder Products glide washers in primary, 33/35 helix, orange spring and rollers in secondary. Stock 8jp belt for now.!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
I set up mine as per RockerDan's on TY. 5.7 pilot's with 7'5 shaper bars. Tunner's never saw the snow. 192 studs with stud boy ultra lite double backers in the middle. J&T 4th wheel kit. Mid sport window with power made handgaurds. Thunder Products glide washers in primary, 33/35 helix, orange spring and rollers in secondary. Stock 8jp belt for now.!:thumbsup:
that is sort of a strange 'STRANGE FIRST RIDE IMPRESSION":ermm:

·
Registered
608 Posts
that is sort of a strange 'STRANGE FIRST RIDE IMPRESSION":ermm:
Ya, I guess it was. :laff: Pressed for time when posted. Sled worked, handled and rode great. My only issue with the sled would be the clutch rattle. Coming off the Apex clutch rattle was a non issue. This sled however, WOW. I've since done a little mod to the clutch and running it on a lift the clutch seems more quite.. Once broke in I was getting 14 1/2 mpg. It doesn't have much down low but when she comes up on boost, you better be holding on and pointed in the right direction. Overall very happy so far.:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts