Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first ride on the new F7 standard in Gaylord Michigan this past weekend. Only Logged 100 miles due to sucky trail conditions. Here is what I found.

1) Head light sucks and is hard to adjust.
2) Slight loss of power after first 20mins. Can't figure that one? Ran fine though.
3) Ski's suck! Changing them.
4) Speedo is hard to see at night. Too damn dim!

My sled came in with all the up dates on it. I read this site and told the dealer to make sure all the lines are bled. This thing with the muffler scares me. I hope I get enough miles on it before the warrenty runs out. :unsure:

I ordered a elec. fuel and temp guage temp came in but has no drilling template. I hope the fuel one does. I installed a tank bag. make sure the rivets are as close to the top of the tunnel as you can get it or the damn thing don't fit. The floor board grips I bought are a nice add on I recomend them.

After being a Polaris XCSP gen II and Edge owner this Cat better hold up or I'm switching back to Polaris. I can say I've had 0 (Zero) problems with them!

Happy sledding!

Thaigon

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
where did you get elec fuel gauge. They were B/O ed. Are they in now? The elec fuel gauge doesnt need a drilling template as a matter of fact you shouldnt need a drill. The fuel gauge is suppose to hook straight up to the digital tach/speedo. That is what the 8 bars on the right do.

Hey just incase you wanted a little info on the temp gauge. i put one in my f7 click here

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
F7_Ditch_Jumper thanks for the Post and link the pictures are great. The guys at the parts department said the fuel guage would be like the Temp guage and showed me a picture. The fuel guage is on B/O. I guess I should wait till it comes in. I wondered what the bars on the Speedo were for and tried to find it in the instruction manual.

I bought my parts and sled from Bright Kawasaki in Lincoln Park Michigan. The little old guy (Fred) I think his name is, is good at set up and when guestioned about it told me about all the problems cat has had and said my sled came out-of-the-box with up dates installed. Then he said, "And Yes, I rolled it on it's side and burped it!" You go Fred! LOL You have got to meet this guy.

Will post pictures of installs when I'm done. I bought many accessories and some are on B/O.

When in doubt, Gass it!

Thaigon

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
thaigon.....have your dealer check your headlight's.
i sat on my seat and adjusted mine in 30sec,
they work!! every body wants me to lead now
they say mi lights are to bright.
my speedo is dim too, but not so i cant see it.
give your firecat a chance. :D
there is a lot bullshit post on here from guys
who dont know what they are talking about.
YEA, i know there are some with problems.
just like the old saying,bad news travels
faster than good news.
every firecat rider i have talked to (NO PROBLEMS)
(just get the updates done,) and get to know the sled
you wont be sorry B)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts