Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tryed to mount my Acerbis handguards on my sled last night but in the #6,7 handlebar position the guards hit the windshield.

What have you guys used for mounts to get them to clear?

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
The reason the Dragon hand guards clear is the short windshield, that would be your only choice short of cutting your windshield like the other post said.

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by xc8@Oct 12 2005, 12:37 PM
The reason the Dragon hand guards clear is the short windshield, that would be your only choice short of cutting your windshield like the other post said.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924352
[/quote]

I have the shortest windshield possible...8". They still hit. I'm thinking the shorter mounts that the Dragon has will work.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Dragon hand guards still hit the winshield...

The reality of it all???

How many times while riding do you actually turn the skis lock-to-lock???

What I'm getting at is in the garage the handguards will hit, they will also hit if you try and turn around on the trail in positions 6 & 7... Luckily, these are usually low speed maneuvers and you can stop, pull the bars back a few notches and git'er done.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i beleive it states on pol website that u must use racer shield for handguard to clear the winshield. i run a 2" bar riser on mine clears no prob :div20:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i beleive it states on pol website that u must use racer shield for handguard to clear the winshield. i run a 2" bar riser on mine clears no prob :div20: beleive it or not it is more comfortable with bars a little higher. if u are used to riding a prox u will miss the higher bars. i did i put the riser on and like it much better.

·
Registered
484 Posts
On my 06 racer edition with the low racer windshield the brake lever comes within an inch of the windshield when turning full right in position #7. I'll post a picture later but I don't see how handguards would not hit it unless the bars are raised?

FWIW - I almost went over the bars a couple of times on my 05 when turning a tight right turn like in a parking lot or turning around on the trail... Luckily I would be going slow enough that I could compensate, but the brake lever hitting the winshield would easily lock up the track.

·
Registered
445 Posts
any chance to loosen the clamp and rotate the bars back?

i was thinking of the riser with dampener for mine

any idea what they are worth??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts