Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....finally got out on the trails with the boys.I was very impressed!!!!!Suspension still needs a few tweaks,but overall it was quite a ride.Rear suspension sucked up EVERYTHING I could find.I have it set on medium,and never bottomed out.Obviously there isn't a whole lot of snow on the trails,so lots of ditches were banged without a problem.Still working on setting up more front ski pressure.Talked to my mechanic,and he agreed to move the limiter strap down will help ALOT!!!!I'm going to move them 1 setting at a time to see what happens. I took Rob's advice with all the other shock and spring settings,and it worked well.I did notice the darting on decelleration.I am going to try a little more toe out and see if it will help.
The guys I ride with have an '02 440 sno-pro and an '02zr800cc.They both were drueling to take my f7 for a spin,and both were very impressed.I dragged the 800 and had him easily out of the hole,but after about 200' he pulled away quite easily.Of corse knowing I was getting an f7,he dumped a BUNCH of money in his sled over the summer.Twin pipes,clutch kit,192 picks,ported and polished.The only thing he had to say is....too bad I had to get all these mods to be able to beat a stock 700!!!!!I'm pretty sure he's set to order a firecat for next year.My other buddy with the 440 sno-pro is talking the same....of corse he didn't want anything to do with me!!!!!!
I guess the main thing is to get the pressure on the skis a little better. The trails we ride are very twisty and go thru alot of woods. I finally got the sweet spot figured out,but I'd like to not have to sit on the tank as much to get this thing to turn.The limiter straps are the next step. Mechanic also said moving them should not wear out any other parts prematurely.BTW,I also threw a pick out of my track already.Dealer is going to call woodys to see if I can get a replacement without having to buy a bag of each part.Looks like a clean break off....no large hole in the track.....good deal!!!! ^_^

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sure rub it in on us guys who don't have snow :( The few miles I have on mine have been great. I Love this sled. Team Green F7 Standard 148 studs 6" carbides like ridin on a rail at warp speed! :D

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
One more thing i was looking at the skeg and it is showing lots of wear at the front! YOu need to pull skis off and get a ~1/8" peace of plastic and screw it in to the BACk side of the rubber ski saddle. (on the bottom where the rubber meets the ski) Pull off skis you will see! This will help out tons of stuff! Trust me i have been doing this on sleds for years! The skegs will last lots longer too!! You want to wear the skeg on the mid to the back!
Skydog

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Did the stud pull through the existing hold from the nut comming loose? or did it tear right out?i know on the mxz 600 with 96 studs i check the track and i was missing one stud but the hole was only as big as the width of the stud not the base so the nut problably got loose and the stud pulled though.

I was thinking of going with double backers instead of singles to prevent the tear though issue.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks to me like it was a clean break on the stud....hole is still very small

1 - 10 of 10 Posts