Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upper Michigan is supposed to get its first frost tonight!!!!! That's great to hear, August 22, counting down to winter!!!

:luxhello: :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The UP usually gets a storm in October already....(not all the time).... Trails open the second wekend in December. We usaully go riding when we go up tp the Red Light Ralley in Hurley the second weekend of Dec. The last two years we have had great riding for it...

:div20:

·
Registered
305 Posts
went upto wakefield last year on dec 10 and they had already between 3-4 ft of snow and expecting 6" the day we left...they already had 3" at 9 in the morning. couldnt believe my eyes. i live in rice lake wis, and we didnt have any snow. up by hayward they had a couple inches....i could literally watch the snow on the side of the rode increase inch by inch...finally it went from seeing grass below the guardrails to not being able to see the guardrails :augen41:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
we went to hurley the first weekend they were open. trails on roads and rr grades were pretty good but swamps werent frozen

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
first frost already huh?? impressive...

i shouldnt be too surprised... a few weeks ago the minong area near hayward got down to 38 one night... :Wow1:

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Last year I was able to get out on the trails in Price county on Dec. 19th. Lakes ussually ice over during the deer hunting rifle season. That also seems to be about the time we get our first snow storms.

·
Registered
320 Posts
:banana: Last year we went riding the sat after Thanksgiving. Trails weren't open yet but we rode the fireroads &powerlines. :fluffy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts