Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how do the spark plugs fire in our engines since there are two?
Is it as simple as they both just fire at the same time? Or is it more along the lines of the Hemi where one coil is plugged into each cylinder, so they are firing at different times. My question is this. If they fire at different times, and you foul the plug that is needed for the actual power stroke, will your sled run like crap? I guess I'm not explaining it all that great but would like to know what this sled would do with a fouled plug.

·
Registered
198 Posts
So how do the spark plugs fire in our engines since there are two?
Is it as simple as they both just fire at the same time? Or is it more along the lines of the Hemi where one coil is plugged into each cylinder, so they are firing at different times. My question is this. If they fire at different times, and you foul the plug that is needed for the actual power stroke, will your sled run like crap? I guess I'm not explaining it all that great but would like to know what this sled would do with a fouled plug.[/b]
simultaniously!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that would tell me that if I foul one plug, I shouldn't really be able to tell. Right? So I thought it was for emissions, if it's for emissions I thought they did it a split second later, or something like that to burn any unspent fuel. I guess I'm confused as to why they added a second plug now. I just can't see two plugs being that much better than one just for the power stroke. Can someone elaborate?

·
Premium Member
5,672 Posts
It gives two flame fronts that will burn more of the fuel, thus giving crisper response and better emisions.

Jester

·
Registered
589 Posts
when one plug per side goes down. it idles fine, it just felt like i lost 30 hp. very rich sounding and top end sucked. obviously from not having a complete burn of the fuel.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when one plug per side goes down. it idles fine, it just felt like i lost 30 hp. very rich sounding and top end sucked. obviously from not having a complete burn of the fuel.[/b]

Thanks for the responses guys. Apreciated.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
when one plug per side goes down. it idles fine, it just felt like i lost 30 hp. very rich sounding and top end sucked. obviously from not having a complete burn of the fuel.[/b]
When i was tuning in my boondocker,took my pod off and checked my plugs.Well i forgot to put the plug caps on the front two plugs .let a couple of buddies try my sled and they were very impressed with power.i drove it home 4 miles on groomed trail without noticing any probs.Gave it a big blast coming in my house and shut it off quick to check plugs again..

I was surprised when i seen my f up and realized it worked perfectly fine with only two plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts